Postgame interview with steven ireland

Cal said:
I don't blame Ireland for naming names. There is no need for him to be polite, like last time and say 'some players' etc etc. If Richards and Caicedo wern't so weak when it's needed, then we would have won.

Caicedo was OK...nothing special, had his moments. Richards on the other hand is a disgrace. He is a right back, supposedly. Why the fuck does he have so much trouble staying in position. I just wish he wouldn't fancy himself as a winger/striker/whatever...as soon as he makes a run, I just think 'oh God...here we go again'. He cannot pass, he cannot shoot. IMO he should not be in our team, until he gets back on form...or at all tbh.

With regard to Ireland, this is correct. The guy is going to be a winner. If we don't improve next year, we'll lose him. Big
4 will come sniffing, and it doesn't matter how much money we've got - he wants to win trophies.

blue62 said:
Cal said:
I don't blame Ireland for naming names. There is no need for him to be polite, like last time and say 'some players' etc etc. If Richards and Caicedo wern't so weak when it's needed, then we would have won.

Caicedo was OK...nothing special, had his moments. Richards on the other hand is a disgrace. He is a right back, supposedly. Why the fuck does he have so much trouble staying in position. I just wish he wouldn't fancy himself as a winger/striker/whatever...as soon as he makes a run, I just think 'oh God...here we go again'. He cannot pass, he cannot shoot. IMO he should not be in our team, until he gets back on form...or at all tbh.

With regard to Ireland, this is correct. The guy is going to be a winner. If we don't improve next year, we'll lose him. Big
4 will come sniffing, and it doesn't matter how much money we've got - he wants to win trophies.

he will win them with City

Andouble said:
Cal said:

I've been a huge hater of Richards but I thought, aside from missing a blinder he was good. He was tired as fuck from nonstop sprinting for 70ish minutes, yet in the 90th minute he showed a lot of will and courage to keep that ball in play and win that courage. That told me a lot about him

Me too!

What it told me about him was that he is willing to put it in when there is a chance of personal glory for Micah Richards, but when the dirty, hard slog needs doing, thats down to somebody else!

Watch his reaction to Caciedo's goal. Caciedo took the ball off his foot before making the chance for himself & putting it in the net! Mr T's reaction: lip out, cos he didn't get the chance of glory!

Fuckin disgusted with his attitude recently, & as far as I'm concerned, it should be De Jong & Kompany in the middle & Pab Zab at right back from now on! Lets see how we do playing with a back 4 rather than a back 3 for a change! Lazy, self interested twat!

I've just watched Ireland's interview after the game and to be fair naming the players he did was pretty valid, however what really pissed me off about the interview was his comment towards the end regarding the fans basically saying if they had that atmosphere every week they would higher up the table. Now before I get shouted down I do agree the atmosphere was unbelievable tonight and my point is that if City played like that every week they would get that atmosphere instead of the shite we had to watch on Sunday

Cant blame Ireland for anything, the lad is knackered and run his arse off all season, plus he started full training back in June after 'grannygate'....Full summers rest and he will be tremendous next season...

As for the atmosphere - wouldnt it be great if it was like that week in week out? Got to think it was like that tonight because realistically no-one expected us to go through and we loved doing everything we could to get behind them.

i8manutd said:
he didnt name names,,,just said "we needed to be more clinical."

Cant blame Ireland for anything, the lad is knackered and run his arse off all season, plus he started full training back in June after 'grannygate'....Full summers rest and he will be tremendous next season...

He did name names, Big Phil and Micah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.