Posting GIFs using an iPad

Try opening the image in a new tab (click and hold on the image). Then try copying the url of the new tab into the image box. Make sure you click on the chain link button, though.

tenor.gif
https://media1.tenor.com/images/da7779758b837bd5cb66a05329970d9e/tenor.gif?itemid=5564794

I'm guessing you're only pasting the link. It's working fine for me, going through the proper process.
I’ve tried both the link, opening it as another window and embedded and they all post the link.

I’ve tried it using the chain icon, the picture icon then the chain icon in the submenu and also via the three vertical dot icon.

None seem to work.

I’ve tried both the link, opening it as another window and embedded and they all post the link.

I’ve tried it using the chain icon, the picture icon then the chain icon in the submenu and also via the three vertical dot icon.

None seem to work.
I'll try explaining this once. Along the top of the reply box (where you type out your post), there's a light grey strip, with various icons in it. Fifth icon along, immediately to the right of the chain link, is the button used for posting images
Screenshot_20210402-180854_Chrome.jpg

Click on that, and you'll get this...
Screenshot_20210402-181008_Chrome.jpg

If you're trying to post a picture that you have saved, follow the instructions in that dotted box. If, however, you're trying to post a picture/gif using a link (as in your case), you need to click on that little chain icon directly above the 'D' of "Drop image". You'll then get....
Screenshot_20210402-181444_Chrome.jpg

Paste the link into the box, and you should be in business. Be warned, though; if the image/gif is on the large side (2mb, I think) you can't post them using that method, and you'll have to use an image hosting site (I use Imgbb). That horse gif is fine, though. If you still can't get it to post, I give up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.