Power Cuts Across Country

Why was it in disparate parts of the country? Bits of London, bits of Wales, bits of the Midlands, bits of the North...

Power cuts are normally localised, aren't they?

I really couldn't give a fuck to be honest. A few sporadic incidents spread around the country. It's not the apocalypse ffs. We've always had power cuts.

Top news item. Get fucked. But hey at least it gave the thread a chance to dig London out again. The BBC maybe wank but they were reporting it as nationwide, NOT just London and the south east. If your news room is based in London during a power cut you would probably report that first but they did report it as nationwide

This is the London centric BBC who closed one of the most iconic 20th century buildings to relocate studios to.........Salford. I detest the BBC with a passion but I'm not that myopic.

Why was it in disparate parts of the country? Bits of London, bits of Wales, bits of the Midlands, bits of the North...

First thing I thought was cyber attack given the strange way it affected lots of different parts of the country and seemed to affect transportation causing the major disruption.

It was the software controlling the National Grid that decided to automatically cut supply at certain points in order to cope with the loss of power from the two feeder stations without causing a wider black-out. There will no doubt be questions asked as to why the grid wasn't better able to absorb the temporary loss of input from those stations.

It was the software controlling the National Grid that decided to automatically cut supply at certain points in order to cope with the loss of power from the two feeder stations without causing a wider black-out. There will no doubt be questions asked as to why the grid wasn't better able to absorb the temporary loss of input from those stations.

Is the answer Brexit?

Depends who is supplying the power.

2 stations a gas fired and a hydroeleteic one failed so anywhere they serviced lost power as the grid potentially could ahve shut down completely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.