Power of Attorney

My Dad has long talked about completing the forms to assign power of attorneys on medical and financial matters should the time come where he is unable to make those decisions.

His first call to me claimed he could only choose one, which I immediately said was incorrect.

He called the other day to say he had sent the forms to my sister who would send on to me for signing and that she was going to be sole power of attorney as "it was easier" that way and I would be a stand by.

I wasn't in the mood for an argument so left it.

The forms have since arrived and now I am fuming as it feels like an admission of favouritism or a question of my character.

Should I be as pissed off as I am? And was I right to sign it from Santa Claus and send it back to him?
To be fair mate, I imagine it's quite nice to not have the hassle.

Had to sort out all my old mans shit when he pointed his toes up during covid and me Ma and step father have now appointed me joint power or similar for their health and estate.

Who can be arsed with that, got enough shit going on and Pep ain't signed his new contract yet...........

I have PoA over a cousin with severe dementia.
I do it willingly because she is family.
But it’s a bloody nightmare and if anyone else asked me to do it, with what I know now, I’d decline.

I know someone who's sister was in charge her brother was aloud to live in the house after dad died.
She sold part of a large garden with planning permission for two houses and paid her mortgage off giving him fuck all.
The house has now been sold and she's tried to charge him £25k in rent for living in it.
He's a lovely chap and has ended up in hospital recently due to all the stress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.