Poznan manager fired

Better to wait for official club note. For now it`s only a brief note from not very reliable paper ("Przeglad Sportowy")...

brianstrousers said:
AdamManCity said:
That will be a tough game for us then if they get a new manager in time.
Why?
Everyone of their players trying to impress him and get off to a good start. Maybe the team fell more confident with their new manager.

The news is now official, Jacek Zielinski has been sacked, and replaced by Jose Mari Bakero. As to the surprise caused by firing him after such a good game, the whole thing was decided and a foregone conclusion almost two weeks before, they just didn't let it public before closing a deal with the new manager. As the rumour spreads, Zielinski was sacked by the players, who played badly on purpose. When they learned that the new coach is coming, they started playing best they can (last two matches, 4-1 against Cracovia in the Cup and 4-1 against Wisla Krakow in the league). And Bakero is probably just a short term substitute, the're still looking for a really good manager.

LechFan said:
The news is now official, Jacek Zielinski has been sacked, and replaced by Jose Mari Bakero. As to the surprise caused by firing him after such a good game, the whole thing was decided and a foregone conclusion almost two weeks before, they just didn't let it public before closing a deal with the new manager. As the rumour spreads, Zielinski was sacked by the players, who played badly on purpose. When they learned that the new coach is coming, they started playing best they can (last two matches, 4-1 against Cracovia in the Cup and 4-1 against Wisla Krakow in the league). And Bakero is probably just a short term substitute, the're still looking for a really good manager.

I work with a Lech Poznan fan here in Manchester and he told me last week that Lech have a new manager. I assumed at the time that the previous manager had already left and didn't think any more of it but it seems from what you say and from what I heard originally that while he was still there last week it was no secret amongst the Poznan fans that he would be getting sacked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.