Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started a thread suggesting changing the format of the pre-match thread to cut out much of the naming ineligible players etc, I didn't have anything as good as the OP in mind! I think Madchester has surely come up with the ultimate OP to a pre-match thread but also made a rod for his own back, there's no way he'll be allowed to stop now.

One question though, is the OP going to be updated if there are changes? I'm thinking of things like player injuries, successful appeals etc.

As for the Chelsea match, I don't know what to think. Playing West Brom is one thing, playing Chelsea another. I'd take a 1-0 win now, and a draw would be OK in reality. If we can get a decent win we'll have a fantastic start to the season and be brimming with confidence.

A win would be great. A draw OK. A defeat would hurt, but as there would only be a point between us, it wouldn't be too damaging for us at this stage of the season, but, for them, a defeat would put them 5 points behind us, and that is serious at any stage of the season.
They are coming off an unexpectedly poor home result, and poor pre season results. The pressure is all on them.
Over to you Maureen.

Take a bow OP, fantastic post that covers pretty much everything.

As for the team, the only change I would make is Kun for Bony. Bony looked alright yesterday, not brilliant, but far from disappointing, but the reason I would change him is because Bony would play right into Terry and Cahill's hands because he uses his physicality rather than pace, Aguero's space would make them panic big time because they're not very quick themselves. I would keep Sagna and Kolarov in because the defence seemed to work better with them in and clearly a lot of work had been done in training and I don't think it would be wise to throw Zaba and Clichy in in such a big match when they have such low fitness, I would ease them in when we play Everton and Watford. The only problem I saw yesterday was that we were still exposed slightly in central midfield when Yaya was caught upfield (he more than made up for it though!) which meant that Fernandinho had to give away silly free kicks. I think Chelsea will go with Matic and Zouma behind Fabregas so it will take a little bit of the pressure off. I'm undecided if De Bruyne signs to throw him straight in because there would be a lot of pressure on him, and Navas would protect Sagna from the threat of Hazard. If Chelsea's game is anything to go by then Sterling is gonna have a great time against Ivanovic and the pace of Aguero, Sterling and Navas with Silva and Yaya pulling the strings is going to cause they're rather slow defence a lot of problems.

Come on City, there'd be nothing better than to be 5 points ahead of Chelsea by Sunday and to shut Mourinho up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.