Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only cast iron certainty on sunday , is there is no way maureen will attempt to play us at football , he will put 10 men behind the ball , and try to nick a draw. They may be champions , but he wont take us on at the Etihad , just hope we can get an early goal , because Maureen has not got a plan B , when he plays against superior football players

I suppose the biggest concern ahead of this match is being counter attacked. Chelsea won't piss about with their counters, unlike West Brom, and I did feel our midfield was still wide open at times today. Need a big performance from Fernandinho. Huge game, even at this early stage!

Pellegrini still hasn't beaten Mourinho in a league game but with our momentum which is something Chelsea are lacking at the moment, this feels like the best chance he'll have to finally do it. Would be over the moon if we could field this team.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Yaya Touré
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

Just looking at that team makes me smile. Hope we get KdB in.

Tactical setup is vital in this game, any news on Clichy, Zaba & Delph? Not too concerned about Zaba because Sagna was good tonight, but I think we need Clichy's defending and Delphs workrate to prevent any Chelsea counter attacking. I expect that it will be us trying to break down a double decker while the double decker turns into a ferrari on the counter attack.

There isn't a chance he'll play an attacking team (Jose) we need our creative players to be bang on form as there will be two double decker busses out there. I fancy us to beat them by the odd goal. Get Sergio back in and keep the rest the same. I think Jose will be nervous, he'll never show it but yesterday shows what we can do.

I suppose the biggest concern ahead of this match is being counter attacked. Chelsea won't piss about with their counters, unlike West Brom, and I did feel our midfield was still wide open at times today. Need a big performance from Fernandinho. Huge game, even at this early stage!

My feelings as well. Chelsea won't bomb forward on the counter and then turn out of the flow like WBA did all day today. Chelsea will come right at us. Could be a huge issue for us. Still, buzzing already as this is such a huge match and it comes before we even get settled for a new season. Can't wait for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.