Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senilegrini's stubborness yet again getting the better of him. Caballero in the cup final...god I cannot wait for Pep to arrive

Concerning the keepers issue. This is an arrangement that was been in place for a while now and I don't think it will be reasonable or fair to change it now. Hart is one of the best players in the squad, a game changer, but this agreement of playing Caballero in domestic cup games was made in spite of that. So a bad performance against Chelsea should not be a reason to break that agreement. Caballero has been up and down this season and the hope is that with a more solid backline, he will play well today.

Our scoring goals has saved us not his goalkeeping ,no clean sheet in this competition
Do we get an extra trophy for clean sheets now? We won the games with him in goal and are now in the final. I wish him and all the other players of course the best of luck.

Concerning the keepers issue. This is an arrangement that was been in place for a while now and I don't think it will be reasonable or fair to change it now. Hart is one of the best players in the squad, a game changer, but this agreement of playing Caballero in domestic cup games was made in spite of that. So a bad performance against Chelsea should not be a reason to break that agreement. Caballero has been up and down this season and the hope is that with a more solid backline, he will play well today.

My sentiment exactly. How about we see how it goes first.

In spite of the moan here, this is the right decision. Play the backup keeper, if he is the Cup keeper. If that's your rule. Stick to it. Pellars has balls. He makes the hard decisions with ease.

It's human nature to find excuses to support their emotional positions. Playing the backup keeper predates Pellars. It's a good rule and in the long run will be advantageous to City attracting fantastic backup goalies. Even if I agree that Willy isn't good, which I don't, ID still conclude playing him is the right decision.

This same moan occurred under Pantilimon. Once we make the finals fans start moaning for Joe. It's not Joe's competition. The backup plays this competition. Let him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.