Pre season v Arsenal, Helsinki, 10 August

Tell the bride and/or groom to put the wedding back a week.

meerkat-simples.jpg

Sid mcfc said:
What time kick off is it?
Not known yet, or the ticket prices.

This news just broke today. Original story was in Helsingin Sanomat. Not been confirmed yet by anyone.

Helsinki is GMT+2 by the way, take that into account. ;)

Original story here.

Hope we hear more information on this soon. As the day clashes with a wedding I need to attend. Need to start coming up with ideas why the family cannot make it... :)

Always fancied Scandinavia and almost went to Iceland late last year. Much to see in Helsinki?

LoveCity said:
Always fancied Scandinavia and almost went to Iceland late last year. Much to see in Helsinki?
I can be your guide! :D There are some nice sights.

I'll try to post more here as this gets confirmed and so on.

LoveCity said:

Helsinki is a beautiful city, though admittedly, it's over 30 years since I visited it.

At that time the beer - and alcohol in general - was unbelievably expensive compared to the UK. I believe the tax on alcohol was very high then, and I have an idea that it has dropped in the intervening years, but don't quote me on that.

And if you think the Irish are hard drinkers, you should see the Finns. As one Irishwoman said out there, we are third division and the Finns are top flight.

And a small point. Finland isn't actually part of Scandinavia; that's Sweden, Norway, Iceland and Denmark.<br /><br />-- 29 May 2013, 19:07 --<br /><br />
sam-caddick said:
another pre-season game? wow

i might go to this, is helsinki cheap?

No.

Helsinki is expensive compared to UK. And the tax on alcohol is still high. There are affordable pubs tho if you know where to look. The hipster mecca Kallio has many places where a pint is less than 3€. In the city centre over 7€ for a pint should be expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.