Predict our next academy star

Manchester_lalala said:
AshLunn92 said:
Zuculini/ Lopes are the future of our midfield. As soon as Pelle gives our youth players half a chance i think we're going to be delighted with the results of our EDS and youth scouting. get rid of the players we've got who show no hunger anymore eg. Dzeko or skill eg. Fernando and bring in some young, hungry playhers out to make a name for themselves.

Zuculini didn't get a game for Valencia, he was to just enjoying his time as the clubs mascot. What makes you think he will make it here?

Written by a Valencia fan when asked about BZuc's progress..

Now Bruno Zuculini… all City fans know about the Argentine is the little we saw of him in pre-season (where he looked impressive). A loan to Valencia seemed a smart way to get him into the groove of European football but he has barely played so far. Why is this? Is it likely to change in the near future? He doesn’t seem to have had a real opportunity to prove himself as of yet. (Ed. – Zuculini has now left Valencia and will be loaned out elsewhere soon…)

Its kind of a shame really, since I was looking forward to him playing more and possibly helping the team to reach their objectives, but VCF coach Nuno hasn’t played him at all. He played one match in which he was pretty bad realistically, but it was his first match for VCF so I don’t think that is a representation of his overall play, but VCF were and still are in such a position that Nuno is limited in how many changes he can make and how many players he can rotate because he needs to produce results and the competition in Spain this season is gigantic, Sevilla, Villarreal, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid and of course VCF are all very close, in previous seasons there would be two teams falling off and lagging behind and with 38 points VCF would have had a cushion of points vs the 5th and 6th place, but this season that is not the case.
And so with the season starting in a good fashion, in fact surprising even for me, I thought this would be a building season, one where we probably finish 6th, but the whole team is being developed and groomed for success next season, but the team has done surprisingly well and Nuno has stuck with what has worked. He is very strict when it comes to making changes and I think with good reason, the team has been performing well and the core group has worked so why fix something that isn’t broken?
The key point here though is that Nuno Santo has given a bit more chances to Felipe Augusto the reserve player and not to Zuculini because Zuculini is here on loan and Felipe Augusto is VCF player so Nuno is trying to avoid possible reliance on Zuculini. Its one of those where if Zuculini turns out to be really crucial and then he leaves in the summer, its losing a key player and I think he is trying to avoid any such situation and with everything I said previously he doesn’t have too much room to give Zuculini many chances.

Hope this gives you a better insight of what was going on at Valencia..

Lopes definitely for me and I think next season he will be making regular appearances.

Denayer is out best young defender but needs a loan in a better league before coming to us, hopefully that Saint Etienne partnership offers him that.

Pozo looks very promising but my doubt is whether he will be mentally tough enough to take the tackles the PL will give him.

Barker looks promising, as does Gunn, Angelino, Maffeo and Ambrose.

ColinLee said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Okay, nail your colours to the mast here so you can pull this thread up at a later date to act smug about your ability to pick a star.

Here's the question. Who is the next player to come out of our academy/youth set up to hit 20 full appearances?

Angelino?Gunn?Barker?Pozo? Faour? Even Zuchulini? Someone else?

Who has your eye and why?
I don't know if anyone has pulled you up on this but Zuculini (and Iheanacho too, since someone else mentioned him) can not be "academy" stars.
That's a rag trick and not one we should be utilising.

I've included him on the basis of being young and having zero European experience, but I did say "even", meaning it's a reach ;-)

sam-caddick said:
Lopes definitely for me and I think next season he will be making regular appearances.

Denayer is out best young defender but needs a loan in a better league before coming to us, hopefully that Saint Etienne partnership offers him that.

Pozo looks very promising but my doubt is whether he will be mentally tough enough to take the tackles the PL will give him.

Barker looks promising, as does Gunn, Angelino, Maffeo and Ambrose.

Not winning a trophy this season will put even greater pressure on whoever the manager will be next season and as such we will go into the transfer market again, which means that none of the academy hopefuls will get anywhere near the first team again IMO

Angelino, think we have to give him a chance and let one of the two established left backs go. At a pinch Sagna can play there if Angelino is not good enough but really think he will be

Manchester_lalala said:
AshLunn92 said:
Zuculini/ Lopes are the future of our midfield. As soon as Pelle gives our youth players half a chance i think we're going to be delighted with the results of our EDS and youth scouting. get rid of the players we've got who show no hunger anymore eg. Dzeko or skill eg. Fernando and bring in some young, hungry playhers out to make a name for themselves.

Zuculini didn't get a game for Valencia, he was to just enjoying his time as the clubs mascot. What makes you think he will make it here?

Im not saying he will get a chance, just that he should. All im saying is that although hes only played a handful of games in sky blue, which were mostly friendlies and mostly against inferior teams, he was impressive in all of them. hopefully Cordoba will give him some games before the end of the season and he can show everyone what he can do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.