Predicted final league table?

norfstander

Apologies if this has already been done, but just wondered how people see the final league table looking this season?

The BBC have discontinued their Predictor, so you might have to do it manually. I did it on a week-by-week basis via Soccerway and got the following...

1) Chelsea 83pts
2) City 81pts
3) Liverpool 79pts
4) Arsenal 78pts
5) Spurs 74pts

Had Everton falling away a bit, and there's obviously no need to discuss the other mid-table sides.

The only thing stopping me heavily fancying us for the title is our run of remaining aways. The home games look favourable, but trips to Anfield, Goodison, The Skip, and the Emirates is a very tough ask. Has we got a couple of those out of the way already i think we'd pull it off, but as things stand my gut feeling says that Chelsea will just about hobble over the line.

norfstander said:
Apologies if this has already been done, but just wondered how people see the final league table looking this season?

The BBC have discontinued their Predictor, so you might have to do it manually. I did it on a week-by-week basis via Soccerway and got the following...

1) Chelsea 83pts
2) City 81pts
3) Liverpool 79pts
4) Arsenal 78pts
5) Spurs 74pts

Had Everton falling away a bit, and there's obviously no need to discuss the other mid-table sides.

Haha. Wonder who they might be?

The thing is, though, predictors don't allow for the unexpected. An example some may remember is 2012.

Try this site
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-mustard.com/predictor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.the-mustard.com/predictor.html</a>
Still have us winning it by 2 pts

What I would like to see:

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

What we will probably see:

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool

Goal difference you say....wouldn't have it any other way.

The QPR game aged me 10 years but, I'd love the thought of it happening again.

Oh goody, we've reached the time of year of the predictor threads. I predict that nobody will get all their predictions correct.

I did a similar exercise a few weeks back. Had Chelsea and City finishing joint on 85pts and us therefore winning on goal difference. I had Arsenal falling away slightly but didn't look at Liverpool. (I simply did a prediction based on remaining games for the top 3 only). Had us winning away at Norwich and Chelsea drawing with WBA and beating Everton. As I see it, Chelsea will not lose a home game but might drop points here and there. City will win most if not all their home games and will therefore not need to win at all of Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and the Rags. If you look at the context, Arsenal play us on the back of Bayern, Tottenham and Chelsea away. They may be physically and mentally shot by then. The Rags you just never know as it is a derby, but they aren't doing too well at the swamp this season. Because of the arrival of Martinez, Everton are a different prospect to the side they were under Moyes. They are hard to beat, but they look to win games and play a game that suits our style. I think we can beat them considering Barry will be ineligible and they don't have much in the way of attacking threat once Lukaku is restricted. (Same reason I went for Chelsea to beat them because of Lukaku being unavailable). On the flip side, I don't feel confident that we will beat Hull and Palace away, two sides that may be battling for survival and who have proved they can defend and cause us problems. It would be brilliant to win it outright, however, winning on goal difference would really hurt Mourinho and show the value of winning games through positive football.

Based on my prediction though, we need Chelsea to slip up and it would be brilliant if it was at home to ruin Mourinho's record at the Bridge. We also need to win at the Emirates or Anfield as I predicted we would draw at the Emirates, lose at Anfield and beat the rags and Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.