Prediction.

C_T_I_D

If Roberto Mancini sticks with Shay Given and does not replace him in the January transfer window with his own man then our current goalkeeper will be talked about by the young supporters here in the same way that the older generation of supporters have talked about Joe Corrigan and Bert Trauttman to name but two of the all-time greats here. He will make history with this club as the first goalkeeper here to lift a trophy within hopefully just 34 years.

C_T_I_D said:
If Roberto Mancini sticks with Shay Given and does not replace him in the January transfer window with his own man then our current goalkeeper will be talked about by the young supporters here in the same way that the older generation of supporters have talked about Joe Corrigan and Bert Trauttman to name but two of the all-time greats here. He will make history with this club as the first goalkeeper here to lift a trophy within hopefully just 34 years.

And rightly so, There is no way we would be 6th or anyway near without him.

why should we sell given? over the last 10 seasons he's proved himself the best in the premiership. he's always been highly underrated, and should have been snapped up by a bigger club than newcastle years ago, luckily for us he wasn't and we now have him.
it's the players in front of him that need sorting. toure and lescott just aren't working together.
i've never been a fan of toure as a defender, he started out as a midfielder and is still one to me.
i'd rather have seen hughes buy jagielka, all be it he is injured still, but atleast he and lescott have an understanding together, and he could of kept dunny atleast till jagielka was fully fit.
what did he do? he went and sold dunny to villa and he's been a revelation under martin o'neill, if hughes had shown him the same confidence we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.
for the last 4 yrs dunny was awesome...hughes turns up and he went to pot last season, it tells it's own story.

would of been top 6 at the least this season.

I cannot see any Mancini assessment of the current squad strengths not including Given as one of the few bright spots of our defense. If Given was in Italy he would be talked about in the same breath as Buffon and Julio Cesar, he really is that good. Only in England, with very real elitism, would an Irish keeper of his quality not get the recognition he deserves.

Well, if I am being honest, he most likely would not get it in Spain either. Which pains me to realise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.