Predictions before the window closes.

I think we will get Sanchez and Evans in.

Bony will probably go permanently and then any number of players like Mangala and Nasri out on loan with the option to buy because we can't shift them due to high wages.

I second this. I've been quietly confident on Sanchez for a few weeks now. With Mbappe I think we're his third choice.

In

Mbappe
Sanchez
Messi
Jonny Evans

Out

Mangala
Denayer
Nasri
Bony
Delph
Zinchenko
Roberts
Jonny Evans

Mbappe
Sanchez
Messi
Jonny Evans

Evans in that list. Mutton dressed as lamb in the area.

mdal-3.jpg

Firstly if there is a more relevant thread apologies and feel free to move it I just could not work out if there is one.

How do folk think our business has gone so far and what more do we need to do?

For me Players in I have no argument with the quality of any of the players I have not seen that much of the overseas players particularly Danilo and Ederson before arrival but it looks like a very good window for quality of players so far though usually one or two may not quite work out.
In terms of overall squad composition if it stays like this I feel we have missed out though . At the back we have sold Kolarov and released three full backs but have only recruited three players and with one player injured we had no true left sided defenders at all last week, last season as well as being short on quality we appeared short on numbers at times using makeshift full backs much of the time.
Up front we have sold three forwards and recruited no one, Between them Nolito, Navas and Iheanacho played significant numbers of games last season and our other forwards esp Sterling looked tired at times as the season finished. Some of Guardiolas tactics rely on a fairly tiring pressing game for which forwards need to be fresh.

In terms of players out it has been disappointing that we have again failed to sell Hart and the money for and Nolito and possibly Nasri probably represents a loss following the dreaded Amortisation.
Lack of takers for Mangala , Denayer and Bony also seem to be a problem with Delph not serving an obvious function in the squad.

Overall then I am happy with the players brought in but feel that the squad remains thin in places and susceptible to injury and tiredness as the season progresses and one which I am not confident we can maintain involvement in all competitions over the course of the season as was suggested in the post season video.
I feel we absolutely need the three more players that have been talked about if we are to compete on all front, though the squad as it stands is certainly a decent one.

We have recruited good players and most importantly they are young and will serve us for a long time to come. But we need sanchez and evans to go through as well. To give our squad a more balanced look.

Great summer but it was well overdue! Squad was old and needed a big turnover.....what we do in the last week could make a big difference to our season! Get Sanchez and a CB and we can push for Prem and semi's in CL....sit on the squad we have and have a good year but I see top 3 place in the prem....Need more firepower upfront and an injury from Kompany and we in trouble...

Right now we're thin at centre back, full back and up front. Which ironically are the biggest pressure points with the formation we've started the season with.

We're in danger or the exodus actually having been too large.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.