Predictions for Everton v City

Chris in London

Here are my predictions for Everton v City next Tuesday.

First, City will not win the game. We may draw, we may be beaten, but we will not win.

Second, on this forum after the game we will be discussing most if not all of the following aspects of the referee’s performance:

1. There will be three or four soft free kicks given around the City box. No similarly soft free kicks given to City around the Everton box, and at least one obvious free kick for City will not be given.

2. After an Everton attack, or corner, there will be three or four occasions when a swift City counter attack is stopped in its tracks by a sly foul about 35-40 yards out from City’s goal. No advantage will be played (even if there is a clear advantage to be gained), but if the Everton player committing a foul is already on a yellow card, no second yellow will be shown.

3. An ‘advantage’ will however be played if a foul is committed on a City player if City keep the ball after a foul in a non-threatening situation.

4. At some point City will attempt to take a quick free kick after an Everton foul 5 yards away from where the foul took place. The whistle will be blown and the kick ordered to be taken from the position the foul was committed. At some other point, Everton will attempt to take an equally quick free kick, 5 yards away from where the foul was committed. That will be allowed.

5. A City player – quite possibly Gareth Barry – will be cautioned during the first half after committing 3 or 4 non-serious fouls. An Everton player will commit a similar number of similar fouls but will not be cautioned.

6. If there is a 50/50 shout for a penalty against Everton (eg a ball-to-hand situation) it will not be given. If there is a 50/50 shout for a penalty against City, it will be given.

Hope my predictions are wrong, but these are things which happened during the last game Mr Walton refereed between City and a Merseyside team. And the one before that. And the one before that.

I can see history repeating itself.

Chris in London said:
Here are my predictions for Everton v City next Tuesday.

First, City will not win the game. We may draw, we may be beaten, but we will not win.

Second, on this forum after the game we will be discussing most if not all of the following aspects of the referee’s performance:

1. There will be three or four soft free kicks given around the City box. No similarly soft free kicks given to City around the Everton box, and at least one obvious free kick for City will not be given.

2. After an Everton attack, or corner, there will be three or four occasions when a swift City counter attack is stopped in its tracks by a sly foul about 35-40 yards out from City’s goal. No advantage will be played (even if there is a clear advantage to be gained), but if the Everton player committing a foul is already on a yellow card, no second yellow will be shown.

3. An ‘advantage’ will however be played if a foul is committed on a City player if City keep the ball after a foul in a non-threatening situation.

4. At some point City will attempt to take a quick free kick after an Everton foul 5 yards away from where the foul took place. The whistle will be blown and the kick ordered to be taken from the position the foul was committed. At some other point, Everton will attempt to take an equally quick free kick, 5 yards away from where the foul was committed. That will be allowed.

5. A City player – quite possibly Gareth Barry – will be cautioned during the first half after committing 3 or 4 non-serious fouls. An Everton player will commit a similar number of similar fouls but will not be cautioned.

6. If there is a 50/50 shout for a penalty against Everton (eg a ball-to-hand situation) it will not be given. If there is a 50/50 shout for a penalty against City, it will be given.

Hope my predictions are wrong, but these are things which happened during the last game Mr Walton refereed between City and a Merseyside team. And the one before that. And the one before that.

I can see history repeating itself.

Agreed, Walton is seriously the 'worst' of a bad bunch.

We are top of the league and top of the form chart. Everton are poor at home this season.

They are missing many key players and we have our captain back.

Peter Walton is the ref though.

So 2-1 Everton.

They will get or should I say the crowd will get everything on the decisions,well the 50/50 ones anyway

Kompany will be sent off after about 30 mins,Mancini sent to the stands before half time,Aguero will be hacked down in the box off neville,no penalty given..........................................................................................................................................................but deep into stoppage time David Silva will jink his way past the Neverton defence,before slipping the ball past that tourette talking twat of a keeper for a sneaky 1-0 win !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.