Predictions for the next decade?

I cannot remember the last time I was in a bank. The reason they are being closed is that no one needs to go in them anymore. Everyone under the age of 20 pays for everything on their watch/phone anyone under 35 uses their card and only old farts like me use cash which I get from the hole in the wall or over the bar at the pub. It has nothing to do with increasing profitability.

Maybe thats the case for you but the evidence is there of the negative impact on towns when branches shut - even businesses having to travel miles to bank cash at the end of the day. The banks do alright over it but thats ok for them. I live in rural North Yorkshire and there are villages around here with no banks and no ATM's even who's high street has died as a result. People will travel further for the convenience - interestingly the Newcastle BS opened a new branch in Hawes this week - getting rave reviews as it gives people somewhere to do transactions - they will do really well out of it from villages from miles around and the village centre in Hawes will benefit massively too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.