Predictions: Premiership, CL and Relegation

Marvin

This has been done a few times in pre-season, here's my offering

Premiership

A bit difficult to predict when key players like Rooney, Bale, Fabregas, Suarez and even Ronaldo may yet move

We can only judge on where we are now, and on that basis I will go for City as Champions with the new manager getting the most out of formerly disgruntled players, and a significantly stronger squad. I see Liverpool with or without Suarez as challenging Spurs for the 4th spot. I like Countinho, and Aspas. They have a good keeper, and Agger in defence. And no European distractions.

MCFC
CFC
UTD
SPURS (If Bale stays, if not Liverpool)

Relegation

Sunderland
Palace
Hull

Hull and Palace look like they have impossible jobs to bridge the gap in one season and I can't think of any big deals that they have done.

Cardiff might stay up. They have signed Caulker who is a decent defender. I will go for Sunderland to be the 3rd club to go down as they have made some odd signings. Jozy Altidore for example who flopped badly at Hull last time, and I think Di Canio is a bit of a wild card. He will either do really well, or flop spectacularly.

Champions League

I will go for PSG

I thought they did well last season and their squad is as talented as anyone else and they have now had a season to get used to each other.

They have a new manager in Blanc, but there are question marks about all the other top teams

They have a forward line of lavezzi, Zlatan, Cavani and Lucas Moura. And Thiago Silva in central defence who is the best defender in Europe.

In England, the top clubs have new managers and are in transition. City have to get out of their Group first before we can consider ourselves contenders. I think we will, but with City seeded in Pot 3, I would want to see the Group first.

Real Madrid and Barca have new managers and players too. Possibly at Real Madrid there is too much change, and Ronaldo wasn't as good last season as he has been previously. Of the two Barca look stronger. Together these two teams were humiliated by the German top 2, but I wasn't impressed with bayern when we played them and I think Guardiola will be making a mistake if he tries to set them up like Barca. They seemed to be doing that as they played much of our game without a centre-forward and that's on the verge of their new season - suggests that's what he's going to do. Can Dortmund repeat what they did last season having sold Gotze and with Lewandowski unsettled? They have some big signings too

Juve are the standout Italian club, but I don't think they are quite strong enough to be considered contenders.

Everyone seems to have some question marks against them, so I am going for PSG. Their squad is so gifted, and they now have had a valuable year together as a squad

I'm not going to tempt fate with a premier league prediction but I will say that I think Real Madrid will be favourites to win the champions league in my eyes. Palace, hull and stoke to go down from the prem.

Prem

City
Chelsea
Scum
Spurs- If bale stays.

Relegation

Palace
Hull
Stoke

[CL/b]

Bayern

Prem
Chelsea
City
United
Arsenal

Relegated
Newcastle
Hull
Palace

Champions League
Juventus

city
chelsea
spurs
utd (spits)

stoke
palace
hull

real madrid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.