City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal

bottom 3...
Norwich
Hull
Palace

fairly close to my choices, change norwich in the head relegation category to Stoke and we are in complete agreement

Re: Heart /Head

Norwich to go down is a suprise they have invested really really well this season I can see them pushing for europe

Heart
City
Don't care about rest of top 4

Bottom
Everton
Arsenal
Rags

Head
Chelsea
City
Rags
Arsenal

Bottom
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Premier League predictions 2013/14...

Heart:

top 4...
City
Swansea
Southampton
West Brom

bottom 3...
Everton
Liverpool
United

Head:

top 4...
City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal

bottom 3...
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Heart

1. City
2. Chelsea
3.Swansea

18. United
19. Spurs
20. Villa

Head

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. United

18. Stoke
19. Cardiff
20. Palace

Call me over-optomistic but I think the new signings will swing it our way. The others haven't reinforced in any sense

Markt85 said:
Stato said:
interesting to see that the 2 none city fans to post have gone for chelsea and us second.

Personally I think this Chelsea set up is the strongest the premier league has ever seen. It has the worlds best manager, experiance - Terry, Lampard, Cech, Essien. World class talent - Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Luiz and youth - Lukaku, De Bruyne, Van Kinkel.

our squads better, i've never seen so much depth, but the mourinho factor comes into it.

pellegrinis a decent manager though, i think it'll be between us and chelsea and can see less than 5 points being in it at the end.

Bayern for the Champions league they made Barce look like a second rate team last season and have only strengthened.

Prem - City

2nd - United
3rd - Chelsea
4th - Arsenal

18th - Norwich
19th - Cardiff
20th - Hull

Don't know why some of you think Norwich will be relegated they've spent 20m+ on some good players they'll push for europa this season or a comfortable 10th

Premier League

1st - City/Chelsea
2nd - City/Chelsea
3rd - Rags
4th - Spurs

So tough to decide between us and Chelsea.

18th - Stoke
19th - Hull
20th - Crystal Palace

Champions league

Finalist - City vs Bayern
Bayern win.

THFC6061 said:
Stato said:
interesting to see that the 2 none city fans to post have gone for chelsea and us second.

I don't think there's much to choose between the two squads of players, but Mourinho edges it for me because of his previous Premier League experience.

I disagree.

The Chelsea prospects this season has to be one of the most overrated or over-positive probably in the history of the premier league.
Last season Manchester city and the disappointing performances were the subject of much discussion and moaning by all of us and the media in general and people tried to ascertain the reason for such a weak and short (over by February) fight for the title,

The general and popular consensus was that we were very passive in the transfer market and you can attach whatever cause or reason for that but I am inclined to believe that that Mancini was on borrowed time last season and so the board was not enthusiastic enough to go for the marquee signings as they wanted to wait for the next season. But under pressure from Mancini and I believe Mousour also intervened as he wanted us to make signings as well, the board we forced to make last minute, half-hearted deals to appease those concerned.

Others might attribute it to internal issues and conflicts within the camp. Perhaps the manager failed to recharge and inspire the players after the incredible season before hand, or the personal issues of the manager with certain players including the club captain and players like Nasri. Altogether, the positive spirit seemed to had been sucked out of the team during the course of the season and that persisted on the football pitch and a soulless or spiritless effort always marries with misfortune and this is epitomized by that Southampton game away. Watch the highlights again and see how we conceded those goals than you may understand what I mean by unhealthy spirit leading to misfortune.

Injuries to key players at certain crucial moments of the season also played a part and also utd kept winning matches despite the fact that they themselves were not that impressive during the course of the season.

Inspite of all that,

It was clear that we had a better squad than Chelsea and manchester utd and going back and watching the matches against these sides will clearly show that not only are we better and dominated these two teams, I also believe that the Chelsea and utd players are actually developing a bit of apprehension and fear for us. Players know the game, they know themselves and they no who is good and who is not and I believe the Chelsea and utd players know that we are better than them. Chelsea in particular now finds beating city a very tricky tasks looking at the recent record of the matches between the two teams. I know we lost in the derby against utd but as Mancini accurately said in the press conference afterwards, ''we played the football, they scored the goals''

This transfer window, and with the new manager at the helm, we have made some objective and astute signings to improve the weaknesses of an already strong squad.- Pace and intensity in the midfield (Fernandinho), width, directness and more reliable crosses (Navas), more intricacy and creativity coupled with goal return (Jovetic) and genuine power and pace upfront (Negredo). These signings have definitely taken city to a higher level of quality and those Bayern players watching our first half performance against Milan from their dug out were definitely impressed. That was a wee taste of what is to come.

For anyone to suggest that Chelsea are on par with us or favorites in light of the all I have mentioned above just because the have Mourinho is just insular in my opinion and completely out of touch with reality. Chelsea have signed one or two players these time around and may as well get Rooney. But they are not the favorites. I even think that utd actually have better prospects than Chelsea this season. Mourinho is a great manager and will get the best out of his squad but that does not necessarily equate to parity with city because Pellegrini is also a great manager and we have a better squad than Chelsea. Manchester City are the favorites to win the premier league and are going to win it.

So the media and most observers and fans are really overrating Chelsea prospects this season but I see them finishing third behind city and utd. I also want to mention Liverpool, I think they may surprise one or two people this season and they will be my underdog for success this season i.e I pick them them to sneak into the top 4.

Premier league
Manchester City
Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Totenham

Relegation
Stoke
Newcastle
Crystal Palace

Champions League
Its a group and knock out competition albeit two legged and so the outcome cannot really be calculated. But it will be the regular contenders like Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern munich, with outsiders like Juventus. Manchester City are definitely strong enough to win it but its one step at a time so lets see were we are come December and after the knockout draw, if we get there, which we should.

I believe a player named Bale might very well decide were the champions league end up this season because there will be just be too many goals, pace, power and directness , not to talk of the set piece prowess and the shooting threat anywhere in and just outside the box in that Madrid team with Bale and Ronaldo for anyone to stop them in the champions league and la liga for that matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.