Preferred way to win

The worse feeling in the world is conceding a last minute equaliser at home, worse by far than conceding a late winner. Having the joy of a win taken away is far more miserable than letting one in to lose as your generally feeling dissapointed over the draw. No feeling on earth equals the euphoria of a last minute winner especially in a vital game, mind after 93 20 I wasn't convinced we'd hang on.

Do people prefer games like yesterday when we come from behind to win or when we go ahead early and win comfortably?
Was going to make the exact same thread today. I really don't know the answer.

I would have gone into rage mode and been so overly the top critical if we drew yesterday. Vice versa, I do find a 3+ nil win almost like a non event. I suppose, it depends when it happens. Yesterday's game is interesting because it felt like Bobb's goal came at the right moment in the season.

To summarise, I don't have a fucking clue which I prefer.

A deserved late winner in a 3-2 is probably the most entertaining way to win a game of football. Don't know if it is my favourite, but it is a lot of fun.

I think English football has always been about fighting until the end in a ding dong battle between two teams leaving it all on the pitch.

Yesterday felt like that.

Newcastle came back when I’m not sure many people expected it, then they hung on, despite being dead on their feet, until one of the greatest players ever came back from a long term injury in the twilight of his career and showed the world why he is one of the best players ever.

Throw in the fact that the goal was scored by ridiculous close control skills by a young Academy kid who had never scored a PL goal before, and it begins to read like a fairy tale or sound made up…but we all saw it happen!

The magnitude of the goal, and thus the victory, after such an end to end battle of contrasting styles, is what made the spectacle even greater. Throw in the cauldron that is SJP, where you could still hear City fans sing, and it helps elevate the result.

Now, place it in the context of our recent run of PL form, the chance for Liverpool to pull ahead without playing, and the fact that we are struggling with key injuries, but now have our Winter Break to recover, and it makes the result feel even more crucial.

So, after all that, I feel like yesterday’s 3-2 from a last minute winner was even sweeter than most last minute winners, and helps magnify the belief that a last minute winner is better…but the level of effort expended makes me think a nice 4-0 stroll is preferable for the health of both the team and myself!

QPR will always be at the zenith of football’s last minute winners (although ManUre fans will tout their CL win over Bayern), but as mid-season clashes go, the drive, determination, and imposing of our will onto that game and result, would take some beating.

One of the best last minute finishes to a City game in years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.