Prem League Table

Uber Blues

Just been having a long look at the league table like one does, thinking about all the possibles. The thing that popped Into my head was If we had played that Everton game earlier In the season and got three points leaving us played 17 with 29 points It would'nt look half bad at this stage. Given that our next two are at home to Sunderland and Stoke and trying to be possitive 6 points would be a massive boost.
We still have 22 games and 66 points to go for! Can you Imagine If we won It with 92 points!!!.. dreaming a bit I know, but all things considered If we can (and I know If's a big word) get a run going It's still possible to kick on and get to fourth.... we are also good finisher's to a season and most of any form we have ever had recently came after Christmas. Tell me Ime not crazy.......please!!!!

3 or 4 wins on the bounce and the draws start to look better, and the 2 loses are then looking well useful at say the played 20/22 mark In the season. The draws have dragged the only 2 loses down In the murk a bit, but If we win the next 2, at least the results do look much better. I am not kidding myself we do need more 3 pointers but It Is possible I think.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfctba.blogspot.com/2009/12/chin-up-blues.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfctba.blogspot.com/2009/12/chin-up-blues.html</a>

I refer you to the first paragraph I wrote.

The problem is that we need a massive change in the way we are playing

first and foremost the defence need to improve massively and given the changes due to injury and when Toure goes to ACON this is not going to happen IMO

in some games we are losing the mid field battle or not supporting the front men or we lose the ball to easily at times

there are a lot thing that need to click and I don't think that they all will in time. if we are really, really luck we can still grab 4th, but we will have to grid out or fluke a few wins that are currently coming as draws. If we can do that then maybe the confidence will go up and the games get more comfortable.

We need to build up a good run and consistency is something that lacking at the moment

I admire you spirit and belief but the plain truth is we are incapable of keeping clean sheets so I'll be amazed if we finish higher than 6th. Now if we can get a couple of quality defenders in Jan then that would change things a bit but if we don't our strikers are going to have to score a helluva lot of goals to get us the necessary wins.

Its just that as long as i can remember whenever you say if we win this and win that it never happens,we need to focus on one game at a time and not look to far ahead .I also think the league position is not to bad and we have possibilities but that word if has the potential to send you insane ,lets hope we start with a win tommorrrow and look forward to the game.

nickson71 said:
The problem is that we need a massive change in the way we are playing

first and foremost the defence need to improve massively and given the changes due to injury and when Toure goes to ACON this is not going to happen IMO

in some games we are losing the mid field battle or not supporting the front men or we lose the ball to easily at times

there are a lot thing that need to click and I don't think that they all will in time. if we are really, really luck we can still grab 4th, but we will have to grid out or fluke a few wins that are currently coming as draws. If we can do that then maybe the confidence will go up and the games get more comfortable.

We need to build up a good run and consistency is something that lacking at the moment

I agree with you mate. I try to look at things In all ways to at least try and make some sence of It all. The facts are. We had a great start first 4 or 5 games. Yes we have drawn a lot, some of those we could have lost, but with a little luck we could also have won some other's. We put In sterling performances against three of the top clubs, well beating Arsenal, and Chelsea even more so. Bloody unlucky against you know who. So they do have a performance In them. The real frustration for me Is playing like we did against Chelsea, then playing shite after a sleep or two. That's City though and that's the one big bad habit we need to break. I have to believe It's all doable though. That's why Ive just got to keep the faith mate, no point In not doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.