Premier League Club's biggest cult hero

A cult hero would be someone like Emile Mpenza. Not a great player by any stretch and not a fans’ favourite but scored a couple of very important winning goals that kept us up one year under Pearce.

article-0-0E428FA200000578-452_468x351.jpg
A cult hero at both our clubs is Mozza. Absolutely bloody puddled is that fella, loved him.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64594940

I don't disagree that Zaba is loved by most, if not all City fans. However, he had talent, played a good amount of minutes and won silverware with us before his legs went. The guy was a bad morherfucker who "got" us as fans and City as a club.

I always thought cult heroes were less skilled players who sat more than they played or did play but were dross and still cheered by all. I see Pablo as a hero and someone like Samaras as more of a "cult hero."
Jeez, the Gorgeous Green was ne'er a hero, cult or otherwise. The cult hero to my way of thinking is someone who would bleed their own blood for the club, and Zaba did that on many an occasion. He's as much a cult hero as any cult hero I've watched over nigh on seven decades!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.