Premier League Games 11/12/13/14/15 May '24

Well; there's obviously no point in arguing with you. You can't (won't?) see that being Chelsea's best player doesn't equate to being the man of the match. So be it.
Obviously there is a difference, but Chelsea won, and he is the reason for that.

Odoi played well, but Palmer was better. Apparentlly you can't see reason, so your right, not much more to say.

So then you should have poised your question "Have commentator ever wanked over a player more than Palmer who doesn't deserve it?"
Besides, I doubt Dippers or Rags would agree so there is a certain amount of blue tinted spectacles in your claim.

I'll ask my question anyway I like thanks.

You said Rodri was wanked over more. That's because he totally bossed the midfield effortlessly in yet another Roll's Royce performance, something he does in almost every game he plays. He's deserving of every bit of adulation that's bestowed on him.

Palmer in that game made one assist and had a few flurries. My question however was based over the commentary regarding him over the season, not just today. The lad has had a decent season but he's stood out more because he's playing in a hit and miss Chelsea side. The adulation he gets is over the top.

As for the rags and dippers I couldn't give a flying fuck for their opinion on anything. They are the two fanbases who wear the thickest pair of red spectacles known to man, so I'm fine with my blue ones thanks.

Well; there's obviously no point in arguing with you. You can't (won't?) see that being Chelsea's best player doesn't equate to being the man of the match. So be it.
I was trying to think who was MOTM and it’s pretty hard as no one was much good.

Who would you have gone for?

I said earlier, I thought Hudson Odoi was the best of a pretty mediocre bunch. Gibbs White wasn't too bad either, if I'm being generous. Palmer was okay, but he wasn't the best player in the game.
99% of the time the player is on the winning team and I reckon they pick the ones they want to interview afterwards as the MOTM has to come out to speak then.

99% of the time the player is on the winning team and I reckon they pick the ones they want to interview afterwards as the MOTM has to come out to speak then.
I fully get that. And it would look odd having a man of the match from the losing team. But I stand by what I said; CHO was, in my opinion*, the best of a so so bunch of 22 players.

*other opinions are clearly available

I said earlier, I thought Hudson Odoi was the best of a pretty mediocre bunch. Gibbs White wasn't too bad either, if I'm being generous. Palmer was okay, but he wasn't the best player in the game.

Yes both had decent games and were a constant threat. Palmer was okay and he has a lot of quality which can change a game in an instant, but the constant praise for his every action is ridiculous. Soon it will be, "Palmer runs into the pitch with real quality and you can see his class before the game starts, even in the warm up."

It's not his fault of course and he's a talented lad who if he continues to progress could be world class. A few years ago Sancho was getting similar adulation and that soon fizzled out. The common denominator of course is they're both players we let go, so the media are desperate for us to have egg on our faces for doing so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.