Premier League Games 2/3/4/5/6/ May '24

No point spending 55m on Nunes if we're going to spend 85m on Paqueta a year later.
Unpopular opinion: they are very different players (Nunes is closer to a Kovacic/Rodri hybrid than Paqueta), but I think Nunes has more potential than Paqueta.

I think the latter is near his peak.

Buying Nunez was an odd one. We may have to cut our losses on him. I'd love him to come good but I've seen few signs so far.
I think he has actually been looking better in his last few appearances. Definitely more assertive and decisive on the ball and showing the ability to hold it up under pressure and carry the ball forward through traffic he did at Wolves.

Have to remember that most players have needed a season to come to terms with Pep’s system and demands.

Certainly no reason to write him off just yet.

Buying Nunez was an odd one. We may have to cut our losses on him. I'd love him to come good but I've seen few signs so far.
most said the same about gvardiol, rodri was called plodri,ake was seen as a waste of money, mahrez was a step over merchant and there just the ones tha spring to mind, realistically the only three players who have hit the ground running are haaland, dias and akanji

Brighton Villa game is very dull. Feels more like a friendly. You wouldn't think Villa had anything to play for judging by how they have gone about it. Very subdued atmosphere too in what looks like a third empty stadium.

It's a bit of a nothing game for Brighton. Their recent form has been poor and it's live on the telly, you can see why their fans have swerved it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.