Premier League Games 2/3/4 April '22

Same reason you signed Iwobi, getting gouged by North London clubs seems to be the new thing. I've never seen anything in Iwobi to suggest he suits a club in a struggle.
Your run-in looks awful.

I don't have anything against Everton, but I do like Burnley in all their Dycheliness, and hope they stay up. The different style, and that it gets right up people's noses, amuses me immensely. It's good for the game.

Said that about the run-in to my Burnley-supporting mate. Hadn't quite realised, but that run-in would be intimidating for us, or the dippers. It is a really tough ask for a much lesser team.
I've got good friends who are supporters of both clubs. I respect them both, so I respect their clubs. Burnley's where my mother and nan were from (although, to be fair, my mother got out just as fast as her legs would carry her). Everton hate LFC, which always endears me to anyone (mind you, who doesn't?).
One of them's got to go. I now think it's the Toffees.

Last edited:
Same reason you signed Iwobi, getting gouged by North London clubs seems to be the new thing. I've never seen anything in Iwobi to suggest he suits a club in a struggle.
Your run-in looks awful.

I don't have anything against Everton, but I do like Burnley in all their Dycheliness, and hope they stay up. The different style, and that it gets right up people's noses, amuses me immensely. It's good for the game.
It works for them. And they were right to stick to their guns and keep Dyche when they went down last time, it's paid off.

You have to ask yourself, what is there to inspire them? A legendary former player acting as their manager? A man who, from Helenio Herrera's Catenaccio vs City, transformed into Pep Guardiola imitating his Barcelona and City in a few days, in a naive all out attack approach? Only to concede 5 playing away at Spurs? A man who publicly questioned his players' mental strength, determination and belief, after the match you mention (Cup, vs Palace)? Hadn't Iwobi scored in injury time vs Newcastle, it could have been even worse for Everton...

I won't forget the shit he spoke following our match. Never, I mean never did I expect anything like that from a guy like him. A former City player, by the way. Implying corruption in Cavanah, a rather lenient referee? Is that Lampard's professional experience talking? After everything we've been witnessing all these years, it's Cavanah who is the problem? Fuck off! Once again, I was wrong with people. And, by the way, I'm totally aware of Everton's problems, they certainly do not start with him at the helm. But they have more than enough to survive, I want to be absolutely clear on this. At the moment, having played the same amount of matches, Everton are just 1 point ahead of Burnley, with a worse GD, by the way. An embarrassing development, if you ask me, no other way to describe it. What is the excuse for tonight, Mr Lampard?

It is still a mission impossible for Burnley. As I said recently, Dyche is in the worst position in terms of quality as well as depth of roster, from all of his colleagues. By far. On top of that, he has been unlucky dealing with injuries of key players throughout the season. No disrespect to his history, but a player like Lennon would hardly find a job in the Championship, as we fucking speak. And he is a regular for Burnley. While Lampard, for example, has the luxury of actually choosing between people such as Richarlison, C. Lewin, Gray, Gordon etc. The same applies to other areas of the pitch. Full respect to people like Westwood and Brownhill, hard working boys, yet limited. Burnley definitely needed quality reinforcements in central midfield. And so on. The point is, there can be no comparison in terms of human resources available...

Dyche has been facing this situation with decency, I think. Keeping his mouth shut and working. A massive win tonight, absolutely massive. Keeping hope alive in the whole Burnley camp. Congratulations, but they will need more. If they manage to somehow stay up again (and it's still a big if), the man deserves a statue. If they don't, their manager is the last man to blame. As I said the other day, if I was a fan of theirs, in such an outcome I would know where to point the finger at...
They have got more than enough to choose from.

It works for them. And they were right to stick to their guns and keep Dyche when they went down last time, it's paid off.

It did, didn't it? I'm not sure thee buyout does them any favours in the long term, but we'll see.

I liked the pictures from the match Burnley had that was called off due to snow earlier in the year. Everyone was in big coats apart from Dyche who was in shirt sleeves.

It is still a mission impossible for Burnley. As I said recently, Dyche is in the worst position in terms of quality as well as depth of roster, from all of his colleagues. By far. On top of that, he has been unlucky dealing with injuries of key players throughout the season. No disrespect to his history, but a player like Lennon would hardly find a job in the Championship, as we fucking speak. And he is a regular for Burnley. While Lampard, for example, has the luxury of actually choosing between people such as Richarlison, C. Lewin, Gray, Gordon etc. The same applies to other areas of the pitch. Full respect to people like Westwood and Brownhill, hard working boys, yet limited. Burnley definitely needed quality reinforcements in central midfield. And so on. The point is, there can be no comparison in terms of human resources available...

In terms of comparative human resources, I think you're absolutely right. There's no possible argument. It's just that in footballing survival, at the almost animal level, guts count for a lot. Burnley (who are very, very limited, especially up front, they didn't even have a sniff of threatening us the other day) have got guts. Everton don't appear to have any. And Everton have got a truly horrendous run-in.
I think Dyche and his men will pull off the impossible. I think Everton will go down, and smash the Championship out of the park. Although they for sure won't like being roughed up and clogged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.