Premier League Games 21/22/23 April '23

We have to beat Arsenal because that will give us a four point buffer with 7 to play! Because I feel we will drop around 4/6 points still!

Mentally, they are broken from that
Are they?

Coming back from 3-1 will have numbed the pain quite a lot more than had they just lost fair and square instead of being given as long as they could conceivably have been given (longer actually) to bail themselves out.

It's on for both teams... it's not in anybody's hands at this point.
Not sure if you understand what the term "in your own hands" means?

It means that a team can win it without being dependent upon the results of another team. Win all of your own games and you are champions.

So the title is, by definition, in our own hands at the moment, just as it is also in Arsenal's own hands at the moment.

After Wednesday, it will not be in one team's own hands.

I posted it earlier in the thread but I'll mention it again. Last night's result means that if Arsenal don't beat us on Wednesday they are then relying on us to drop points elsewhere.

Furthermore, the result also means that:

a) We could afford to draw one of our remaining games or even

b) Lose one of our remaining games as long as there isn't a swing in goal difference of at least nine goals

There's no question they have slightly more difficult games too.

The main worry of course is that we have at least five more games left than they do, hopefully seven.

We have to beat Arsenal because that will give us a four point buffer with 7 to play! Because I feel we will drop around 4/6 points still!
And you think they will win all their other remaining games??? I don't.

I think we will beat Arsenal BTW but I don't think we now need to. I think they will drop at least as many points as us in the remaining games.

Having said all of that, last night was a terrible result for them. Just from a pure maths perspective it means they now need to come to our place and win, when had they won yesterday, a draw at ours would do. Bizarrely, I think them needing to win, makes it much more likely they will lose. Imagine it being 0-0 or 1-1 or 2-2 etc with 10 mins to go. They now cannot sit back and try to defend, and Alvarez and/or Haaland will terrorise them and do the business for us.

If we beat them Wednesday, it’ll be interesting to see how much of an appetite they have for the fight in their remaining games, some of which are tough, not sure they will have the stomach for it personally.

They might relax more and win there remaining games meaning we will have to win 6 of our last 7 at least or draw a couple. I’ve always said that last 6/8 games of the season are the most important if your in the mix!

They might relax more and win there remaining games meaning we will have to win 6 of our last 7 at least or draw a couple. I’ve always said that last 6/8 games of the season are the most important if your in the mix!
I think we’ll still have that pressure on us mate so we need to keep at it for sure, our experience in the run in will be a big factor I think, we know what it takes to lead and/or play catch up, psychology, I think a win for us really will put them in a bad place, they’ve lead virtually all season, had a lot of good fortune along the way, I wouldn’t bet against it playing on their minds that despite all that, they feel like that’s not going to be enough and they’ll fall short and no longer have the belief, be interesting though.

Sky making a big deal of that equaliser meaning it’s still in their hands, it would have been even if they’d lost
If we win the league, we won’t get any plaudits, it’ll all be about how great Arsenal have been, young squad, Arteta etc….

Fuck sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.