Premier League Games 23/24/25 April '22

So; what are we hoping for at Turf Moor? A win, to put a rocket up Everton's arse for later on? Or a Wolves win, to give Everton a, er, "massive" incentive to scrap like fuck for a positive result? Also, a Wolves win will take them within two points of Trafford's finest, with a game in hand (albeit, against us).
I'm hoping for a Burnley win and am watching the game now. Burnley look slightly better so far and need the points so i think they'll scrape it, 1-0.

As for Everton i like them as a club but part of me wants to see them go down because it will give Evertonions a sense of perspective in that they're not bombproof infallible. If they do go down it will probably do them good long-term as they will probably shed some expensive dead wood and spend wisely to build a solid foundation for their return to the PL.

I'm hoping for a Burnley win and am watching the game now. Burnley look slightly better so far and need the points so i think they'll scrape it, 1-0.

As for Everton i like them as a club but part of me wants to see them go down because it will give Evertonions a sense of perspective in that they're not bombproof infallible. If they do go down it will probably do them good long-term as they will probably shed some expensive dead wood and spend wisely to build a solid foundation for their return to the PL.
With Everton, I had sympathy for them. Being in the shadows of a larger, arrogant, red clad neighbour struck a chord. But the whining they did after the postponed game last season, coupled with them having a hissy fit about Rodri's handball, has turned me against them. Along with having two of the biggest tw@s in the PL in their side.

FWIW, it was handball, to be fair. But shit happens. Their neighbours should certainly have had one (arguably, two) red cards against us. It didn't happen. We got on with things.

With Everton, I had sympathy for them. Being in the shadows of a larger, arrogant, red clad neighbour struck a chord. But the whining they did after the postponed game last season, coupled with them having a hissy fit about Rodri's handball, has turned me against them. Along with having two of the biggest tw@s in the PL in their side.

FWIW, it was handball, to be fair. But shit happens. Their neighbours should certainly have had one (arguably, two) red cards against us. It didn't happen. We got on with things.
I agree and a lot of blues feel the same way I think.

Sometimes going down is exactly what a club needs.

Being a stale club going nowhere in the same league year after year makes clubs and fanbases just fucking boring. Getting relegated and winning loads more games in the division below, especially if there’s a promotion battle and a promotion, completely rejuvenates a club and a fanbase. It’s fucking MILES more enjoyable than watching poor stuff in the Prem.

Look at Villa. They had the worst fans in the country in the lead up to their relegation a few years ago. They spent three years down and came back up and their fanbase were unrecognisable to the fanbase that went down.

Going down and seeing fans stay loyal to their club, like City and Newcastle, can see clubs attractive to investors.

Going down could be the making of Everton.

Hoping for a Chelsea win so that West Ham throw all their eggs in the Europa League basket and hopefully reach the final before our game

Sometimes going down is exactly what a club needs.

Being a stale club going nowhere in the same league year after year makes clubs and fanbases just fucking boring. Getting relegated and winning loads more games in the division below, especially if there’s a promotion battle and a promotion, completely rejuvenates a club and a fanbase. It’s fucking MILES more enjoyable than watching poor stuff in the Prem.

Look at Villa. They had the worst fans in the country in the lead up to their relegation a few years ago. They spent three years down and came back up and their fanbase were unrecognisable to the fanbase that went down.

Going down and seeing fans stay loyal to their club, like City and Newcastle, can see clubs attractive to investors.

Going down could be the making of Everton.
I agree, and we had lot's of fun taking huge numbers to away grounds we hadn't been to previously. Winning games being top or near top in a promotion season was exciting and it didn't do us any harm getting relegated, not in the long-term it didn't.

can't imagine liverpool will take more than 10 minutes to finish this one off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.