Premier League Games 3/4/5 Feb '24

Good watch Toon Luton, but I'm getting thoroughly sick of defenders fucking up then simply throwing themselves to the ground hoping for, and getting, free kicks for nothing. Both teams guilty again today, but Trippier and Schar more than once.

You’d be able to fix it
I'm not sure.
Half of the young lads do two minutes work and then look at some twat on tictic or what ever it is.
One lad asked me .
What shall I do now.
.I said pick that piece of plywood up and stand in the corner over there.
Half an hour later i was asking a joiner where was the young lad.
He's said he's stood in the corner with a piece of ply for some reason.

Good watch Toon Luton, but I'm getting thoroughly sick of defenders fucking up then simply throwing themselves to the ground hoping for, and getting, free kicks for nothing. Both teams guilty again today, but Trippier and Schar more than once.
Hold your head and lie down.
Just ask lego head at arsenal works everytime

It shouldn’t have even been checked for offside once they determined the Spuds defender headed the ball.

IFAB rule 11 states if a player makes a deliberate attempt at the ball an opposition player is deemed not to have an advantage even if he’s offside. Theres been a few controversial ones but Karim Benzema’s goal for Real against the Dippers was one when the goal was chalked off. IFAB later confirmed this shouldn’t have been disallowed.

@meltonblue i think it was who is well versed on the rule.

Yep spot on. Here’s the exact wording that includes that scenario -

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately played* the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.

*‘Deliberate play’ (excluding deliberate handball) is when a player has control of the ball with the possibility of:

• passing the ball to a team-mate;
  • gaining possession of the ball; or
  • clearing the ball (e.g. by kicking or heading it)
If the pass, attempt to gain possession or clearance by the player in control of the ball is inaccurate or unsuccessful, this does not negate the fact that the player ‘deliberately played’ the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.