Premier League Games 30/31 October & 1 Nov

Can you tell me when city player has had that much space or even running on to a ball where a team is near the halfway line? I’ll you never under pep in premier.
because of the way we play everyone knows how to defend against us...it aint rocket science but you cant also blame other teams for doing so as it also works.

Utd next week will almost certainly sit back, defend in numbers and use pace to hit is in the channels and in behind the sapce of our high line.....everyone knows this...Pep knows this...its upto the players to make sure they retain posession and not give utd that chance....but thats the trick with us....it only has to happen once but the chances other teams get are really high value chance with a high % probability of scoring because of the type of chances this creates....we could have 10 shots to there one or two next week and easily lose 2-0....we dont have any natural finishers whereas they do (rashford, Greenwood and Ronaldo are all better finishers than ANY of our squad).....and again with the chances we can give up its no surprise if they score (or any other team for that matter - look at the goals today for a great example).

We also have to accept that we aint playing that well in the last couple of games and our best player (KDB) should probably be dropped and our £100m summer purchase isnt doing it at present and doesnt even look close to

The Spurs team and the crowd were so up for our game. Made it so tough for us compared to United’s afternoon stroll.
Also it was pretty clear that we weren't up to speed at that point + a bunch of players weren't really about.

because of the way we play everyone knows how to defend against us...it aint rocket science but you cant also blame other teams for doing so as it also works.

Utd next week will almost certainly sit back, defend in numbers and use pace to hit is in the channels and in behind the sapce of our high line.....everyone knows this...Pep knows this...its upto the players to make sure they retain posession and not give utd that chance....but thats the trick with us....it only has to happen once but the chances other teams get are really high value chance with a high % probability of scoring because of the type of chances this creates....we could have 10 shots to there one or two next week and easily lose 2-0....we dont have any natural finishers whereas they do (rashford, Greenwood and Ronaldo are all better finishers than ANY of our squad).....and again with the chances we can give up its no surprise if they score (or any other team for that matter - look at the goals today for a great example).

We also have to accept that we aint playing that well in the last couple of games and our best player (KDB) should probably be dropped and our £100m summer purchase isnt doing it at present and doesnt even look close to

Very fair assessment we
Score first though we will smash em

The more I see of Brighton the more I am impressed with Potter. Recruiting players like Bissouma and Lamptey shows someone there knows what they're doing. Did Potter take the City template Pep used at Anfield recently and employ a similar system very effectively there today ?

The more I see of Brighton the more I am impressed with Potter. Recruiting players like Bissouma and Lamptey shows someone there knows what they're doing. Did Potter take the City template Pep used at Anfield recently and employ a similar system very effectively there today ?
I know things haven't been great today but I'm confident that at the end of the season the way we dismantled Brighton last week in the first half and left 4-1 winners will go down as an incredibly impressive win.

I didn't watch their game today obviously but Liverpool have difficulties against any side that's strong at possession retention and brave in the press, so I imagine Brighton just did what they always do. Much like when they played at Anfield last season.

The Spurs team and the crowd were so up for our game. Made it so tough for us compared to United’s afternoon stroll.

First ten minutes or so have a major effect on that, with every team and every crowd. The famous Anfield roar was becoming a whmper once Brighton got one back yesterday, and it was a library from when they equalised.
What we're not very good at doing is just calming away games down for those crucial ten to fifteen minutes, rather than going gung-ho and leaving ourselves exposed to a silly counter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.