Premier League Games 31th Aug/ 1st Sept 2024

If only VAR hadn’t stopped everyone celebrating goals, they might have enjoyed that moment.

Game’s gone.
If they'd had their winning goal chalked off as someone's heel might have been a mm offside then their celebrations may have been different, especially in their next game. Especially if their last minute winning goal being chalked off stopped them from reaching their first Champions League final, particularly if in the same game a goal was scored that may have been handball and, despite there being excellent footage of the incident, the referee was never shown the best angle to view the incident by the VAR team/broadcasters despite the UEFA spokesperson telling everyone that all angles are made available.
If in their next game against the same opposition one of their players was dragged to the floor by the neck when attacking a ball from a corner with no penalty to the player dragging the other to the floor in the box and the head of refereeing came out after the game and said that the all-seeing VAR didn't intervene as "the player went down too easily", meanwhile their rivals are getting penalties and free kicks at will if someone breathes near them, their celebrations may have been different.
They may not enjoy the next goal they score as much when in their next game against their rivals the quality of refereeing and VAR use is so bad and onesided that rumours go around fans of teams not involved in the game that VAR wasn't working and, despite one of the most obvious handball's seen on the pitch ignored by both the referee and the omnipotent VAR team, the head of referees had to make a statement to confirm that VAR was working as intended and that all major decisions were correct, even though the goal scored by their opposition looked like it may have been offside and it was the only possibly offside goal that season where the VAR shot showing the offside/onside lines wasn't shown.
If some of them felt differently about the game after seeing all that I'd certainly understand it and wouldn't make superior, condescending or snide remarks about people who may have lost some of the emotion and love of the game they've enjoyed their entire lives. That's just me though.

Draw is probably best but a dippers win is the worst outcome.
We dont need to have the dippers breathing down our necks.
rags will not be near the top of the league come the end of the season but dippers could be there.
Think of the results from their games last season and how it turned out so beneficial to us.
Valid point, my hatred of the Rags clouded my judgment.

If they'd had their winning goal chalked off as someone's heel might have been a mm offside then their celebrations may have been different, especially in their next game. Especially if their last minute winning goal being chalked off stopped them from reaching their first Champions League final, particularly if in the same game a goal was scored that may have been handball and, despite there being excellent footage of the incident, the referee was never shown the best angle to view the incident by the VAR team/broadcasters despite the UEFA spokesperson telling everyone that all angles are made available.
If in their next game against the same opposition one of their players was dragged to the floor by the neck when attacking a ball from a corner with no penalty to the player dragging the other to the floor in the box and the head of refereeing came out after the game and said that the all-seeing VAR didn't intervene as "the player went down too easily", meanwhile their rivals are getting penalties and free kicks at will if someone breathes near them, their celebrations may have been different.
They may not enjoy the next goal they score as much when in their next game against their rivals the quality of refereeing and VAR use is so bad and onesided that rumours go around fans of teams not involved in the game that VAR wasn't working and, despite one of the most obvious handball's seen on the pitch ignored by both the referee and the omnipotent VAR team, the head of referees had to make a statement to confirm that VAR was working as intended and that all major decisions were correct, even though the goal scored by their opposition looked like it may have been offside and it was the only possibly offside goal that season where the VAR shot showing the offside/onside lines wasn't shown.
If some of them felt differently about the game after seeing all that I'd certainly understand it and wouldn't make superior, condescending or snide remarks about people who may have lost some of the emotion and love of the game they've enjoyed their entire lives. That's just me though.
As I said, the game’s gone. :-)

Nah Everton are alright mate, not nobheads like the red bunch of pricks on the other side.

Got a lot of respect for the toffees, us and them was in the same boat for years watching our rivals winning stuff whilst we was treading water.

I think they'll go if Dyche stays as he's not the man for them, if they get to ten games and they're still rooted to the bottom he'll be flirted off.

Certainly not been my experience down the years.

The fact that Newcastle still have Dan burn as a staple in its line up is proof is either PSR have totally hampered them or their football people are clueless. I think it’s the former..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.