Premier League Games 4/5/6 March '23

200w.gif

Excellent post, pretty much what I was trying to say but you put it better.

I mentioned the 4/5 pen shouts yday, if the powers really wanted us to win, it would have been extremely easy to give us a pen but they didn’t. So where exactly is this help we’re supposed to be getting?
That's how I see it, Arsenal have been on the receiving end of almost as many one off ridiculous decisions City have this year. That's why I think United win the league, there were four penalty shouts that could have been given yesterday (none were penalties in my opinion but in the words if the idiots "I've seen them given") but I can guarantee United would have been given at least two of them. Where we're being held back and Arsenal are being held back by the referees, but United are getting pushed forward.
In the Arsenal - City game, Arsenal were given the softest of soft penalties when they were 1-0 down to give them a hand back into the game. You won't see another penalty like that all season and it wouldn't have been given if the score was 0-0 I suspect,. but with City leading a 1-1 draw would have been a good result for United so why not help Arsenal get back in to it?
I think that the advantage Arsenal have got is that they have at least some of the press behind them, hence Lee Mason getting sacked off after making decisions against Arsenal a little too obvious. It's also worth noting that 5 of the 6 decisions he was sacked over were beneficial to United as they either advantaged United or disadvantaged teams around United in the league, 2 against Newcastle and 2 against Arsenal.
I think where people are pissed off with yesterday is that the referee actually did his job and we haven't seen that for City all season. 6 minutes was probably about right to add on and them an extra minute on top for the Bournemouth injury and a bit more for goal celebrations but that doesn't happen in most games.
Admittedly since the introduction of VAR I only watch City games but I actually watched the full Arsenal game yesterday and was impressed with how little time wasting and gamesmanship Bournemouth engaged in so was flabbergasted when 6 minutes were shown for extra time. Compared to what I've seen all season there was less time wasting than in any of our games and about the usual amount of VAR rubbish, in our games we would have been given 3 or 4 minutes extra time which the opposition would have wasted 2 minutes of and nothing added on to make up for it. This is where people are angry, the fact that the referee actually did his job properly and we haven't seen that in a City game for a long time now.
If City or Arsenal win the league they will have deserved it but if United win it will be a PGMOL assisted robbery.
Having said that I hate everything about Arsenal, all the way from the shit gobby racist entitled fans to their scheming political owners. Arteta has instilled a horrible level of gamesmanship to the team which almost rivals the dark days of Fabregas, Van Persie, etc and Saka is a good player but a massive whingeing cheat who would be a lot better if he didn't look to throw himself to the ground as his first option.
United are utterly bobbins too. No PGMOL, no win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.