Premier League Games 9/10/11/13 March '24

The rags might be the worst team I've seen occupying a top six position for a long time

I can't really think of a game I've seen them play for a long time where they look like dominant team

They're a counter-attacking side with the odd moment of quality going forward.

It's enough to probably finish top half in this league, they should be roughly where Chelsea are though. Massive overperformance on points.

Lol at Everton

Anyway, same old stuff. Rags second best in most departments except for moronic defending.

Well, I'm off to do some work.

Rags are so poor, it’s great.

That Casemiro is shite too, no surprise his best years came with Kroos and Modric either side of him passing the ball. The game has outgrown his mould, defensive midfielders need to be more than a block nowadays.
Not really, if you ignore that prime Casemiro was a lunatic that would have been sent off every time he took the field if he didn't play in the white of Madrid he really was the perfect foil for Kroos and Modric. Covered every bit of grass with incredible tempo, fantastic movement and positional awareness, good in the air, not really a fantastic passer but very good at knowing when to give it to those around him that were or slow the game down. Good at attacking the box late and had the stamina to do that for 120 minutes if he had to.

The problem, or in my opinion the good thing, is that he got fat, disintrested in football and then Madrid punted him for silly money to the one place where they knew welcome has-beens. On top of all this considering the personell Ten Hag use they really need Casemiro to be some kind of deep-lying conductor, because Bruno in front of him plays football like he has severe ad/hd, McTominay is a new breed of box2box which means he is utter useless and lost unless he is in one. I rate Mainoo actually, they could probably made a good midfield with him and a not over-the-hill Casemiro but even they are insistent on not having the ball for 70% of matches anyway so you are never going to get the best out of them either way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.