Premier League Games 9/10 Dec '23

Romero is a walking red card. He’s escaped a potential one.
Think the fact that he made contact with Wilson’s foot has saved him.

The fact Wilson was on the floor should have made it a red card for me, but maybe the law’s wording doesn’t specify that.

Lucky boy.

Is there any reason why sheffield uniteds and brightons grounds were half empty this weekend? Sheffield united being garbage offers some explanation but brighton? They're enjoy the best period in their entire existence yet the crowd yesterday for their whole game looked like the 85th minute at the etihad for a midweek carabao cup 3rd round game.

Watching motd too . Clear and obvious dive by Son to get his penalty.
Refs truly are naive or just no idea what an actual foul is or realise it is not a non contact sport.
Why are VAR not clamping down on that.
Commentator and one of the panel said "Son was clever there "

Is there any reason why sheffield uniteds and brightons grounds were half empty this weekend? Sheffield united being garbage offers some explanation but brighton? They're enjoy the best period in their entire existence yet the crowd yesterday for their whole game looked like the 85th minute at the etihad for a midweek carabao cup 3rd round game.
Brighton plays in Europa at home this week…I don’t know maybe their fans decided that was the game to pony up for?

Surprised nobody is saying Spurs have VAR in their pockets, no other team has gotten more ridiculous calls in their favor than them, yes not even the rags or the dippers.
Simply not true. Got our first penalty of the season yesterday. Should have had 5 or 6 before then - including vs Man Utd, Sheffield Utd, Luton, Villa, and West Ham. Nketiah should have been sent off in the game at Arsenal. Carlos should have seen straight red for Villa, while Cash and Mcginn should have had two yellows each. Joelinton should have been sent off yesterday. Chelsea should have been penalised for deliberately targeting Maddison - leading to his 3 month layoff - but ref persistently let them get away with it, which is why Udogie and Romero lost their heads and why Spurs consequently lost the game. In that game, Sterling should also have seen two yellows for clear dives in the penalty area but wasn't even shown one. The first of those was immediately before the Romero red and penalty. While it was fair that Romero's red stood (no free hit for serious foul play), the game should have restarted at the point of the original offence - Sterling's dive. Therefore, free kick to Spurs and no penalty. Probably more incidents besides that I can't immediately recall.

I'm not trying to make out that Spurs are especially hard done by and I fully concede that Romero is a fucking liability who needs to learn to control himself. But this narrative that Spurs always get favourable decisions is bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.