Premier league important goal scorers stats

Carver said:
Citysmith said:
But, but, what about Wooneys goal that has to be the most neatest goal ever!!! Put it this way I've seen that goal more than any other in my lifetime and he still scuffs it the dirty granny, hairhat, filthy Mofo. Why do we still have to see this 10 times a week?

I can accept that the 81 goal by Ricky Vilia was class and we have to suffer that but to show Wooneys overhead kick more than Sinclair's, c'Mon

Ricky Villa's 2nd goal wasn't even the best goal of the match :-(
Agreed....

Crooks' was better!!

All the city goals in the 6-1 were important as our GD went up and theirs went down which was pivotal in us winning the league.

tomMCFC29 said:
All the city goals in the 6-1 were important as our GD went up and theirs went down which was pivotal in us winning the league.

Of course all goals are important in a season where goal difference was the deciding factor in who came first and who came second,but in terms of deciding individual games some goals are more important than others.

I personally think you're being restrictive with the meaning of important goal.

Shouldn't we measure the importance of a goal by how crucial it was when it was scored, as opposed to how important it was in hindsight, which maybe ought to be classed as the decisive goal.

For example against QPR both Zabaleta's and Dzeko's goals were hugely important at the time of scoring. Not decisive like Aguero's (which in truth was also important), but they were both still important.

I've made a list of goals which I think were important at the time of scoring, and I class such goals as goals that allowed us to bring the deficit to one, equalise, take the lead, or go two goals clear:

Swansea (H): Dzeko, Aguero
Bolton (A): Silva, Barry, Dzeko
Tottenham (A): Dzeko x2
Wigan (H): Aguero x2
Fulham (A): Aguero x2
Everton (H): Balotelli, Milner
Blackburn (A): Johnson, Balotelli
Villa (H): Balotelli, Johnson
Them (A): Balotelli x2
Wolves (H): Dzeko, Kolarov, Johnson
QPR (A): Dzeko, Silva, Touré
Newcastle (H): Balotelli, Richards
Liverpool (A): Kompany
Norwich (H): Aguero, Nasri
Chelsea (A): Balotelli
Arsenal (H): Silva
Stoke (H): Aguero, Johnson
Liverpool (H): Aguero, Touré
Wigan (A): Dzeko
Tottenham (H): Nasri, Lescott, Balotelli
Fulham (H): Aguero
Villa (A): Lescott
Blackburn (H): Balotelli, Aguero
Bolton (H): Balotelli (Sorry Clichy)
Chelsea(H): Aguero, Nasri
Stoke (A): Touré
Sunderland (H): Balotelli x2, Kolarov
West Brom (H): Aguero x2
Norwich (A): Tevez x2, Aguero
Wolves (A): Aguero, Nasri
Them (H): Kompany
Newcastle (A): Touré x2
QPR (H): Zabaleta, Dzeko, Aguero

A list of important goals scored compared with total scored:
Aguero 16/23 70%
Dzeko 8/14 57%
Balotelli 12/13 92%
Touré 5/6 83%
Silva 3/6 50%
Johnson 4/6 67%
Nasri 4/5 80%
Tevez 2/4 50%
Kolarov 2/2 100%
Kompany 2/3 67%
Lescott 2/2 100%
Milner 1/3 33%
Barry 1/1 100%
Richards 1/1 100%
Zabaleta 1/1 100%

Ok, long and probably boring. But if there's anything to take away from this then:
1) Balotelli, Aguero and Touré all know how to step up when it matters.
2) We have a lot of players who have scored vital goals, which suggests a strong mentality in the group.

Sure, some goals in the list were more important than others. But devising a way of measuring the exact importance is difficult.

Anyway, long story short, Almost all our goals were important. We should appreciate that.

ps. Apologies if I made an error here or there.

best thread i've seen on here in quite a few days! very interesting stats. not really too many surprises, but i'm glad to see that statistics support some of my assumptions about some of our players. thanks for taking the time to compile these lists!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.