Premier League (midweek) Games 28/29/30 December

Fair interview by Klopp, no excuses offered.

I didn't want to say it during the game for fear of jinxing it (even didnt say it to my wife) but I thought liverpool looked jaded. They weren't sharp, lack of decisive runs off the ball. That says tiredness to me. Why? It could be lack of rotation compared to City. You can pick the Liverpool starting 11 and most times you'd be right. No way can you guess the City starting line up. But that's the way to play the long game. Pep gets that.

I didn't want to say it during the game for fear of jinxing it (even didnt say it to my wife) but I thought liverpool looked jaded. They weren't sharp, lack of decisive runs off the ball. That says tiredness to me. Why? It could be lack of rotation compared to City. You can pick the Liverpool starting 11 and most times you'd be right. No way can you guess the City starting line up. But that's the way to play the long game. Pep gets that.
Quite a lot on Bluemoon don't, though. Going by every pre-match thread.

It's because Klopp has talked his team down. They believe him

Dot forget, according to one "newspaper" this week............our attack is positively tepid in comparison to dippers!!!

Commentators doing their best throughout the second half to prevent plastic dippers from switching off with tales of how they scored in every one of their last 30odd games, only lost one in whatever amount...........its always funny when others tempt fate.

Talking of tempting fate "its going to be a fantastic title race" is a phrase you will not hear while we are top, but was being bandied about ealier in the season when we were not in the top three.

I know there is a long way to go, but its nice to remind any lurking dippers/rags/journos how pathetic they all are.
See also: the constant references to goal difference pre-Christmas when City looked miles behind on that. A few games later and the tables have turned on that too. I wonder if it’ll ever be mentioned again unless it actually does get close near the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.