Preston (a) Post-Match Thread

So impressed with Garcia and Harwood-Bellis. They didn't have a huge amount of defending to do but they competed really well. Garcia was caught out a little on the odd occasion which he should learn from, but they both looked so comfortable and composed on the ball. Some of Garcia's passing to break the lines was fantastic and both showed a great deal of bravery to carry the ball forward in the right moments.

It's been a really good week for Angeliño after that terrible pre-season. It made sense to give Mendy some more minutes but Angeliño contributed loads of great crosses and was unfortunate to be taken off.

The match seemed to bypass Foden a fair bit and he had a mixed game. A few wonderfully weighted passes and bits of neat footwork that show he clearly belongs at this level but he didn't always make the right decisions. You'd forgive him a bit of rustiness given his recent illness and general lack of game time though. He'll learn plenty from games like that.

Liked Cancelo. Looks like it might take a while yet before he's on quite on the same wavelength as his team-mates but some of his forward play was really inventive and i thought he was surprisingly tenacious in the tackle given what i'd heard about his defensive abilities. I'd have no worries about rotating him and Walker from now on, with Cancelo given starts in the more straightforward-looking fixtures while he continues to bed in.

Every time Bernabé features in the first team he looks the part. I'm not sure what his best position really is or what his pathway would be exactly, but when he's given opportunities it feels like he always does one or two really impressive things that leave a mark, which is not something i feel i could say about Poveda or most other youngsters that have been thrown into these kind of games over the years. Definitely worth another look in the next round.

What a really positive night!

I think this sums up the evening really well. First 15/20 mins Preston looked to overload Angelino & Garica on the left by lumping balls that way but once we got control of the game that was never really an issue. THB got turned on the half way line early doors buts recovered brilliantly to win it back & him Garcia grew into the game.

Good night

jesus missed 4 great crosses ??? heading the ball is not his best skill ????

not much will be said about the win last night, but the back line and keeper looked solid when you think they have never played together before last night, also big shout out to gundogan not a fan of him myself but did his job in the holding role and will not get much credit, we seen last night how hard it is to juggle all the cups and league games with a squad of players, if your a big team and like spurs getting knockout when they had a strong team out Colchester United then the city win puts all the more pressure on the rest

i was thinking last night and when jose said when asked who will be the top 4 this season he said liverpool city and city B-team ?? but what about the EDS and youth team i really think its packed with talent and good enough to play in the top leagues, maybe the premier league is a bit of a long shot and they would struggle, but the championship they would hold there own and be a top 6 team easy

I was very impressed with Mendy last night after the match. He came over to the fans, as the other players were walking off the pitch, to give his shirt to one of the youngsters but then walked over to another youngster who was in a wheelchair obviously apologising to him for only having the one shirt and stayed chatting to him for a little while. He made sure that both youngsters had their photos taken, one a selfie, the other a press photographer. No flamboyance, no big I am, just a quiet few words and then off. Very impressed.

jesus missed 4 great crosses ??? heading the ball is not his best skill ????

not much will be said about the win last night, but the back line and keeper looked solid when you think they have never played together before last night, also big shout out to gundogan not a fan of him myself but did his job in the holding role and will not get much credit, we seen last night how hard it is to juggle all the cups and league games with a squad of players, if your a big team and like spurs getting knockout when they had a strong team out Colchester United then the city win puts all the more pressure on the rest

i was thinking last night and when jose said when asked who will be the top 4 this season he said liverpool city and city B-team ?? but what about the EDS and youth team i really think its packed with talent and good enough to play in the top leagues, maybe the premier league is a bit of a long shot and they would struggle, but the championship they would hold there own and be a top 6 team easy
Think they would surprise a few people if they did play in the championship but it’s a brutal league they’d run out of steam and probably finish a respectable just around mid-table for me..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.