Priced out?

I get that memberships are a perk to get access to tickets quicker/sooner etc. But I genuinely don't understand how for a single premier League game the club will not release it to established supporter numbers once there are tickets left over. I've got 10 years season card history with about 20 aways. If I want to attend a one off v Fulham for £51 I have no option but to buy a £30 uplift? It's so stupid. All that happens is I refuse to pay £80+ and the seat stays empty.
And if most games are sold out anyway why would anyone in their right mind buy one?

Seem to recall Wimbledon and Plymouth in the Full Members Cup had six and four fans in the whole Platt Lane. We've got more in the Junior Blues springs to mind with these and other poor followings in the 80's and 90's
I was at the Wimbledon game. We were singing 'You must of come in a taxi'. There were genuinely 4 fans there, I counted em..it took 2 seconds.

I get that memberships are a perk to get access to tickets quicker/sooner etc. But I genuinely don't understand how for a single premier League game the club will not release it to established supporter numbers once there are tickets left over. I've got 10 years season card history with about 20 aways. If I want to attend a one off v Fulham for £51 I have no option but to buy a £30 uplift? It's so stupid. All that happens is I refuse to pay £80+ and the seat stays empty.
And if most games are sold out anyway why would anyone in their right mind buy one?
The matchday membership is actually £35, but that gets you £5 off a match ticket. So for Fulham you can get a seat in SS3 for £25. The total cost is £60 (with membership), and you get a £15 online voucher for the City Store, and 10% discount on purchases.
The memberships aren't going away, they're too lucrative... Probably worth getting though if you wanna be able to buy tickets. For games like Fulham where there's loads of spares floating, you only need a membership number to accept a transfer. You'd easily get one on the tickets thread without paying the £35 matchday ransom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.