Pride.

C_T_I_D

No matter what happens in our clubs history both past and present I will always be prouder to be a Manchester City fan than an England fan. Forgive me for not being patriotic but I would rather watch City lift the Champions League trophy in two or three years time, rather than England win the Euro's or when we're winning the premiership in four years time, them winning the world cup in 2014.

Remember when you were a kid and all your friends were rags and they were the "cool" team to support? I have news for you. Your kids and grandkids won't go through the bullying and the torment that you did because the blue half of Manchester will rule the roost in that respect. Forgive my obvious lack of ignorance that Manchester is red, or so rags would have you believe!! *rolls eyes*

The thing I love about us now is that everybody can see we're on the right path, making the right signings, raising our profile and the feel good factor is well and truly back. I can feel the optimism from the threads, regardless of the peccemistic ones who are seemingly in the minority nowadays.

Whether we're signing James Milner or David Silva, it does not matter to me. Managers, playing staff, owners - they all come and go - but the important thing is me and you, the fans. That goes for the match goers, the exiled ones, the world wide ones - who cares - we're blue and blue alike and we're going to continue to grow as will our reputation. We're breathing down Whiskey Noses neck and he's getting ready to press the escape button. You may have sound proof rooms right now, but the noisy neighbours will get their asbo's sooner or later and be taking over the show!

I know people will cringe at this post, call it egotistical or call it what you will. I don't care! All I care about is about this club, about where this club is going and the excitement for next season and seasons beyond. We've been in the shadows for too long and the sleeping giant is finally waking up from its comatose state!

Great post mate :) No matter what, I'll always be more prouder to be a blue for everything that has gone on that I have witnessed and how loyal the fans actually are! We are unique in the fact we probably have 1 of the best fan bases around and every fan is loyal to their club no matter what!

Well said C_T_I_D. I'm in complete agreement with you.

I haven't been able to fully rouse myself to support the England team for a number of years now. But when it comes to City I'm 100% committed to the cause. Even if we're playing a pointless little friendly somewhere I want City to do well.

Sod England. I'm a Man City supporter.

as much as i loved division two :D and there were some great times, i do smile often with anticipation. the best team in the land and all the world

C_T_I_D said:
No matter what happens in our clubs history both past and present I will always be prouder to be a Manchester City fan than an England fan. Forgive me for not being patriotic but I would rather watch City lift the Champions League trophy in two or three years time, rather than England win the Euro's or when we're winning the premiership in four years time, them winning the world cup in 2014.

Remember when you were a kid and all your friends were rags and they were the "cool" team to support? I have news for you. Your kids and grandkids won't go through the bullying and the torment that you did because the blue half of Manchester will rule the roost in that respect. Forgive my obvious lack of ignorance that Manchester is red, or so rags would have you believe!! *rolls eyes*

The thing I love about us now is that everybody can see we're on the right path, making the right signings, raising our profile and the feel good factor is well and truly back. I can feel the optimism from the threads, regardless of the peccemistic ones who are seemingly in the minority nowadays.

Whether we're signing James Milner or David Silva, it does not matter to me. Managers, playing staff, owners - they all come and go - but the important thing is me and you, the fans. That goes for the match goers, the exiled ones, the world wide ones - who cares - we're blue and blue alike and we're going to continue to grow as will our reputation. We're breathing down Whiskey Noses neck and he's getting ready to press the escape button. You may have sound proof rooms right now, but the noisy neighbours will get their asbo's sooner or later and be taking over the show!

I know people will cringe at this post, call it egotistical or call it what you will. I don't care! All I care about is about this club, about where this club is going and the excitement for next season and seasons beyond. We've been in the shadows for too long and the sleeping giant is finally waking up from its comatose state!

You're right mate.

I'm one of those people who are cringing...

excellent post.

i've been a blue since the late sixties / early seventies and nothing beats the excitement and pride i feel as MY team run out, walking round the stadium on match days i'm just buzzing with excitement - EVEN when we were really down and nearly out. MY City were going to turn it round and do it for US.

i went to see England against Mexico just before the world cup (first time i'd ever been to an international) and as a patriotic and very proud Englishman (i'm always English on ethnic monitoring sheets _ not British !) i expected to get the same sort of buzz, but although the day around Wembley was great i just didn't feel the passion as the teams came out. it could have been anyone and NO WAY could i cheer for shrek (unlike all those 'cockernee' rags). this isn't City and never will be.

so yes i'm English but City are and always will be MY team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.