Pride

city2

have people lost a sense of pride in their appearance in their homes. The reason I ask is I was out walking the dog and the amount of rubbish outsides people's homes is a disgrace do people no longer take pride in cleaning up outside their homes, appearance in people going to work or for interviews, I work with guys who wear shirts I wouldn't be seen dead using to polish my car with, pride is what we should all have sadly a lot of people don't have it.

A rise in the number of renters rather than owners. If they only have secure tenancy for 6 to 12 months many tenants feel they have no real interest in the property as they are likely to be asked to leave quite soon so don't bother. There have been plenty of threads on here from landlords over the years bemoaning about the state tenants leave properties in - thats the same issue from the other angle if you like. Old council estates used to have shitty streets on them - they were usually the places where they put all their "bad" tenants as they knew the Cortina on bricks in the front garden and the overgrown back garden was a given and as none of them cared anyway none of them would complain about their neighbours houses. Nowadays with private landlords and a free market those people can turn up anywhere - only needs a couple of problem families to start to make a once nice street an absolute eyesore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.