Primal Scream

ah no screamadelica is 9/10 ....love this baby!!!

give out but don t give up 8/10 is a great album

sonic flower grove..... i still recall gilesbie dribbling out the lyrics....i returned the CD back to the music store!!!! mind you to be honest there was a track or two that were good....even if a bit fairy-ish

xterminator was a very good LP 7/10... but i felt as the timing of release was off....so it didn t appeal to me as much.... still a far out album!

Haven't been into them for a while, kind of lost interest around "Give out". Did like their first albums,Sonic Flower...,Primal Scream (bit Stooges - saw them support Jesus & Mary Chain about ... coughs 20 years ago & blow them off the stage), & Screamadelica (though it sounds weedy now!).

Against the grain I know, but Give Out is my fave PS album to date....lot of Lynyrd Skynyrd influence in there....which is nice.

Who the fuck are Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers?

This is real music. Listen to this kids.

-- Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:36 am --

Oh sorry, I thought I was on youtube.

TheMightyQuinn said:
My favourite Primal Scream however is the very early jangly as fuck Primal Scream.

Velocity Girl = Perfect.

Most definitely this.

Shands said:
Sonic Flower Groove is my favourite but Xtrmntr is a cracking album and probably their most inventive.

Screamadelica - good album, but never feel like putting it on
Vanashing point - some great tracks, bit directionless at other points
Give out but don't give up - garbage.

haven't listened to the other albums much.

Gentle Tuesday..classic ;)

I can't think of many other bands that appeal to so many genre's. Like you I hate the "rolling stones" Scream on Give out, and riot city blues, but love the "white noise" of Xterminator. But loads of fans feel exactly the opposite.

Sonic Flower Groove was just of it's time..2nd Summer of love, Jingle Jangle guitar etc, always great to listen to as it evokes warm memories...which reminds me..where's my joe bloggs gear?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.