Printer Networking II

I know tell me about it!

I think whats confusing me most is all this talk about IP addresses, if I do as it said and go into my wireless connection and change the IP address...I can no longer connect to the internet. Jaysus Im so confused! Any thoughts?

TINY said:
I know tell me about it!

I think whats confusing me most is all this talk about IP addresses, if I do as it said and go into my wireless connection and change the IP address...I can no longer connect to the internet. Jaysus Im so confused! Any thoughts?

I think the idea is that you connect the print server via the ethernet cable then set up the IP address how it says on a computer, thus allowing you to connect to the print server page of 192.168.0.10. Once you've set up the print server you then change the IP address back on that computer.

Fucking pissing me off now. SO...is it a safe bet that I need to move the printer to the desktop PC where the router is, plug it via an ethernet connection and set it up like that? I'm not understanding the fact that if I do that I can then just unplug it and then change my ip address back to what it was so my internet works again.

I'll see what Mr shaft has to say about it tomorrow and give it a try again. Pissed off, but cheers for the help lads :-)

The printer has both wireless and wired network capabilities.

You have to plug the printer in to the router and set up the printer's IP addresses (it will probably have 2 - a wireless one and a wired one), and to set things up like whether the wireless is on or not, what wireless passwords you are using etc.

Once you have set all that up you can disconnect the printer from the router and put it anywhere that is near a plug and in range of the wireless signal from the router.

Exaclty how you do all that is in the manuals you have.

Is that any easier?? Does your wireless router have more than 1 ethernet port?

Alright BS. Cheers for the help.

Yeah the router has 4 ethernet ports I think, 4 or 5 anyway. I'll move the printer into this room today then and try and work through it, no doubt I'll be back though! hehe

Stupid pissing thing.

Right connected it to my router, followed the intstructions and all went well. But when I then disconnect the ethernet cable from my router and change my ip address back to automatic, so my internet works, go to print and fuck all happens, until I get an error message saying "error in printing". Any ideas, before I throw this damn thing out the window? Cheers in advance.

Anyone who gives a shit its all sorted now thanks to helmutvandeshaft (aka THE man) lol Cheers again mate, and cheers everyone for helping.

Glad to hear it TINY, didn't have a clue how to sort this one myself because we just bought an extra printer for the new PC, it worked out cheaper and when we want to print from one of the laptops we have to get off our arses and plug them into the laptop by USB hehe ;)

Well what it was, that I can figure, is that the printers IP address was 192.168.0.10, but it needed to be 192.168.1.10 that way it could connect to my network, soon as I did that it more or less sorted. All thanks to Helmutvandeshaft, AKA Genius hehe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.