Printer Networking

TINY

Hey again, anyone know how I could make a 'normal' printer into wireless? I've had a search about for wireless adapters, but I keep falling into bluetooth ones, now although that sounds good hyperthetically I'm not too sure how it would work.

I do have a dongle if thats the way it would work? But can it be done in different rooms, I.E downstairs/upstairs?

Are there any other kind of adapters that I can plug into my printer that will allow me to connect wirelessly? On the side note, I have an HP deskjet 895cxi. Chairs in advance.

Reet cheers mat. I'm pretty sure my printerwon't work with that, so I think its a no go with my printer. SO... do you think this printer would allow me to use that? It does say "Hi-Speed USB interface", so does that mean it connects from the printer TOO a USB? (which would mean that item you posted WOULD work?)

Cheers again mate

Clicky

Cheers BS looks good that one. Seems less hassle anyway. I was just thinking of getting a cheap printer I.E £30 and then looking for a printer server for about £40 ish. Found this one but am I right in thinking, that a lead from the printer goes to the that wireless server? So it would need to go from the printer, to a USB? If that makes sense.

So to sum up if I bought this printer and this printer server it would work?

Hopefully some of that makes sense! Cheers.

I think the second one I posted can be used with any printer, including your current one. Basically the wireless adapter has exactly the same USB connection as your PC, but instead of connecting your printer to your PC you are connected it to a print server. You wouldn't need to buy a new printer for it to work.

The one you just posted isn't wireless, but would allow you to use it on a wired network!

So it is lol.

Right how about this one? As you can tell I'm quite impatient hehe. But if I was to order the one from your link its going to be £65 and this one is £69.99 so not much difference there, but would this one do the same as the one you posted?

I think I will have to buy a new printer to be honest with you. Having a look at mine and there isnt any USB slot, nor does the printer connect to USB on my computer, it connects to the large printer port on my comp. Its quite outdated, plus I like the idea of an 'All in one' printer. Just a quick question too...that printer that I posted (2 posts up), it says USB 2.0 interface...does that mean it connects to a USB, i.e what I want? If that makes sense.

So does that server look like it does the same thing as the one you posted mate? Again...cheers for the help.

Ah, sorry I get you now! You are right you can't connect the big parallel cable to one of these wireless print servers. I did a search for your printer last night...is this the right one?

http://www.ciao.co.uk/HP_DeskJet_895cxi__5381723#productdetail

If so then according to that this printer could use a USB connection. If you check the back of the printer there should be a smaller square shaped port. If there is then all you would need is one of these cables and you could connect it to one of these print servers...
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=319688&category_oid=

But if you wanted a new printer that other one would be absolutely fine (the other one is USB 2.0 which is faster anyway!) with the print server you just posted!

Right understood! Yeah that was the right printer mate, and there is a small port which looks like that would fit in, but I think I might just go for that new printer anyway. I'm bored with this one now, and I'm thinking an all in one would be pretty good.

Right so I'm off to PCWorld for that printer and that printer wireless server, no doubt I'll be back later with questions why it isnt working! ;-)

Thanks again for the help fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.