Prison for Life

I just think that if someone is to serve say 11 years for something then say that - don't say Life then cover your mouth and say 11 years - its disingenuous to the victims and their families and society to trumpet Life when it doesn't really mean it. Lets call a spade a spade not a shovel or a hand operated earth moving device so that people really understand what is what in the criminal justice system.

They don’t cover their mouths. It’s public record
It is a life sentence with a ‘break clause’ which I imagine is very rarely met anyway

Everyone convicted of murder is given a life sentence. I have no problem, in theory, of letting reformed and rehabilitated prisoners out

I'd be happy to see reformed murderers released just as soon as the people they have murdered get their lives back too, it's only fair

until then, life should mean life

I would like to see sentences adhered to
So if you get 6 years,you do 6 years
Time off for good behaviour ?
Don’t behave and you get longer is what it should be
There’s no need to have a parole system,build more prisons and keep them off the streets

It's a difficult one, but this debate should (currently) be framed around the irrefutable fact that sentences for murder (and other serous crimes) have been persistently and significantly increasing over the last 20 years - and it doesn't seem to be placing any downward pressure on violent crime.
I know a sentence that would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.