Problems at work

cityboy5 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
Over how long? Is it too long to look at the receipts and prove you were in the works van on that date at that time? has the van been checked by a mechanic to make sure its not using too much fuel?
since last August. I drive that van all the time. They didn't show receips he just had a list of transactions from the fuel card company

Do you have receipts from every time you use your fuel card? Do you note the mileage anywhere?

BWTAC said:
What's the age and condition of the van and is it serviced regularly?

I have 5 vans on the road, the oldest is 4 years old and my lads can easily do over 1000 miles some weeks. It's mostly motorway miles, but you will use more fuel if you're just bobbing about around town but not to the point of filling up all the time. All my lads have fuel cards, but have to give the mileage when filling up and get receipts. If you do that, you'll get no problems.
60 reg serviced every 30k and I always give the mileage and get receipts. Also they haven't suspended me if that's anything to go by.

cityboy5 said:
BWTAC said:

I have 5 vans on the road, the oldest is 4 years old and my lads can easily do over 1000 miles some weeks. It's mostly motorway miles, but you will use more fuel if you're just bobbing about around town but not to the point of filling up all the time. All my lads have fuel cards, but have to give the mileage when filling up and get receipts. If you do that, you'll get no problems.
60 reg serviced every 30k and I always give the mileage and get receipts. Also they haven't suspended me if that's anything to go by.

If you've got the receipts and mileage then surely it's just a matter of checking those against the card statement?

cityboy5 said:
BWTAC said:

In my experience, some vans just use more fuel than others for no apparent mechanical reason, i have 3 transits and 2 vw's transporters, one of the transits which is a 63 reg, uses more fuel than the vw's which generally are more heavy on fuel, there's nothing wrong with it, it's probably just down to how it's driven. Not that I'm saying you're a shit driver or owt. ;) Also, they should be getting serviced every 20k.

without a dream said:
cityboy5 said:
BWTAC said:

If you've got the receipts and mileage then surely it's just a matter of checking those against the card statement?
I handed in the receipts so they would have them. I think I should be ok but l always worry.

cityboy5 said:
Thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated

If you need further advice my Missus is a HR lady who deals with this kind of thing all the time, so PM me if it gets complicated and I'll get her take on it :)

Whatever you do, keep calm and polite, and bear in mind there are hundreds of reasons your van is using loads of fuel, or someone has miscalculated, etc. etc.

You are in the investigation stage, nothing more right now, chances are someone has missed something :)

You need to know what they are using as a comparison. If you are using say, 10% more fuel than anyone else then they will probably presume the worst. If it's about 5% more, it could be your driving style etc. Out of interest, do you do a lot of idling (leave the engine on for the heater / air-con) whilst you have your dinner etc?

corky1970 said:
Pm me mate if you need advice , I manage a fuel card company and know exactly what, when and how these things happen ,all the tricks and ..yes the garages are bent as fuck

I like this as a concept.

"Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Purpletrouseredcunt."

ITV should make a miniseries of it.

Starring Edwood Woodwood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.