Prospective squad from the Telegraph

ColinBall

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/4143343/Manchester-City-targeting-two-world-class-players-in-every-position.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ition.html</a>

So only 1 current player in the First XI? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds like everything is being sanctioned by Sheikh Mansour at the moment, which could be the reason why things are taking time to happen.

I like the look of our prospective B team, but why no Zabaleta or Kompany? The A team is simply a pipe dream emanating from the Sheikh's hubbly bubbly.

its only a dream team, and i'd take it!

City A (4-4-2, r-l): Buffon (Juventus); Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Terry (Chelsea), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Lahm (Bayern Munich); Ribery (Bayern Munich), Gerrard (Liverpool), Kaka (AC Milan), Messi (Barcelona); Robinho (Man City), Villa (Valencia)

City B (4-4-2, r-l): Given (Newcastle); Maicon (Inter), Richards (Man City), Kolo Toure (Arsenal), Bridge (Man City); Wright-Phillips (Man City), Ireland (Man City), Yaya Toure (Barcelona), Silva (Valencia); Santa Cruz (Blackburn), Aguero (Atletico Madrid)

I assume thats to get us into the Chumps league? Well it would never happen, as we need four home grown players and if memory serves me right none of those in the A list have been through our ranks! The exact reason the rule is being brought in.

Ticket For Schalke said:
what a big waste of time those 2 sides are!!!

That was my point fellow hardcore fan ;0) cant happen due to the rules for the champions league and after all that is our aim isnt it? I'm so tired it's untrue bloody posting on here till 3.30 this morning.

I don't want two world class players competing for every position. I want a core of world class players (many of who can play in multiple positions) backed up by the Academy.

It may only be a stupid exercise by a journo, but do me a favour, look at that first XI, who the hell is going to win the ball in midfield. Just shows that the 11 most talented players in the world would not necessarily make a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.