Prostate cancer the silent killer.

Was diagnosed last December.

Had 3 choices decided to have surgery.

Removed on 1st Feb 2020.

Was at my consultant 2 weeks ago, PSA hardly detectable, hopefully, I don't have to worry as I get older now.

If you are in your 40's I'd strongly encourage you to get checked blues.
Started with enlarged prostate troubles over 3 years ago . Went on the tamsulosin which worked for most part early on however I went into retention a couple of times & had a catheter inserted the last one has been since June( has been changed ) as I am awaiting surgery . Infections have been a nightmare can’t get me in because of the current situation .

Started with enlarged prostate troubles over 3 years ago . Went on the tamsulosin which worked for most part early on however I went into retention a couple of times & had a catheter inserted the last one has been since June( has been changed ) as I am awaiting surgery . Infections have been a nightmare can’t get me in because of the current situation .

Catheter did my head in even if I didn't have to get up to go in the night.

Keep your chin up, you'll get there.

Hi guys 6 and half years on and im cancer free
Back playing the sport which i love was just looking back on this thread thanks for the messages of support that got me through such a dark place ill never forget my blue brothers and sisters who were there for me .

I can't endorse this post highly enough.
Arse Cancer, in one form or another, has done for many of both sides of my family. I had a problem a few years ago (an experience I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy) and now have a colonoscopy every three to five years or so.
(The procedure is painless but the day of fasting and drinking laxative that tastes like sea water is goddam fucking awful).

The other very important thing I would add is to include lots of fibre and oily fish in your diet. This needn't be a sacrifice or even an overly dramatic change - choose brown bread instead of toast, eat chowder instead of soup, have kippers or mackerel instead of a fry up etcetera.
This was the advice that the doctor gave me when he found polyps six years ago. I followed it and, thankfully, there were none since.

The good news is most of these conditions are eminently treatable when they're caught early. So, for fucks sakes, man up and get yourselves checked.
I needed radiotherapy for my prostate cancer treatment a few years ago which resulted in bleeding from my rectum.
Diet helps reduce the bleeding but the best help I got was from the Consultant who recommended a soupspoon of liquid paraffin in some water twice a day to keep my number 2 soft.
Still need it but down to one soupspoon a day. Simple but effective.

I needed radiotherapy for my prostate cancer treatment a few years ago which resulted in bleeding from my rectum.
Diet helps reduce the bleeding but the best help I got was from the Consultant who recommended a soupspoon of liquid paraffin in some water twice a day to keep my number 2 soft.
Still need it but down to one soupspoon a day. Simple but effective.
Ah, the joys of getting older! :-)
Glad you are on the mend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.