Protest?

Every CL game I have a tourists sat next/near to me always have a chat with them have had Yanks ,Spanish , Belgian,Dutch & Norwegian . Apart from the yank they all spoke better English than me & all were absolutely thrilled to be at the game as might not get the chance to see city in person again

Perhaps tickets prices have to go up to help cover ffp
They used to raise prices for big games due to policing, even though the extra would more than cover it. Now FFP is used by apologists when we but £50m players with £50m in wage labilities who don't play.

It is amazing how many people who don't go/non-season ticket holders, are comfortable with the price increases.

This type of comment is becoming boring.

It's up there with shite like "potholes in roads"
and another classic to opposition to any building of a house with "what about Doctors, Dentists, Schools and Roads"

Proper Blues outnumber tourists 100 to 1 at least, hardly any tourists in SS2, mostly the same faces every match.

Most enjoy a Pint or 5 and maybe a Pie, the fayre is ok.
Might see a half and half on a child who probably wanted it as a souvenir, better than a programme.

My match day routine has hardly changed in 35 years.

People just see stuff to moan about, if you enjoy going then go, if you don't then find something else to do.

And btw, "Tourists" aren't generally the type to be drinking in the ground!

Can't wait for next Sunday, the biggest game in world football currently just after we have played the previous biggest game v the Dippers (ignore the Rags Dipper Cup game).

Eyes of the world on our ground and Club so yeah, people from around the world want a piece of that.

Any local Blue who knows what to do can be there if they want to be!
Agree totally.

Agree totally.
Spot on. People just like to moan, often about not having anything to moan about. I suggest most are under 40 as if they had to experience the 80's and 90's then they'd be launching themselves off the nearest multi storey.. Nobody likes paying more but 5% is hardly going to hurt most people and the tickets are still amongst the cheapest in the PL to watch serial winners. As for tourists, yes some can be a tad annoying, but many are incredibly excited and star struck at visiting the Etihad and watching City and most I have come across know all the songs and tbh sing more than the some of the people moaning on this thread. In life you only appreciate and miss something when it has gone, sadly these people don't seem to appreciate what is happening and that nothing lasts for ever. Cherish it as one day you might just have something to moan about as I did such as watching a Stuart Pearce side never scoring at home or Jamie Pollock chipping our own goal keeper to get us relegated.. I could go on

Stefan in an interview with Typical City, posted in the 115 charges thread and in the media thread, said there will be a ‘30% revenue uplift’ in next seasons CL. If City get to the CL ‘QF’, and in comparison if Chelsea don’t qualify for the CL, the difference could be as much as €170mill. In a worst case scenario, Stefan didn’t say what, City would still get €150mill from being in the CL.

Last edited:
Perhaps @citymatters who work very hard, like all fans representatives, are just a token, in a field of high demand where business means more than that traditional fanbase once did.

Or, football, the UEFA Cash League and Premier elite has created a need through various fan-detrimental Financial Fair Play initiatives has allowed all clubs to up, up and up the prices. How can the PL can be far higher than other top European leagues? Pretty obvious. Supply and demand is at its highest in England.

In Manchester we have students wearing colours of City, Utd, Liverpool, Everton and whoever else a train journey allows. Modern football is different. But, beneath the value for money debate, and the lack of football forums, City appear engaged with fans, in a different way to the years before 2008. In fact, different to before 2011, and 2012.

Ebayers, ticket resellers, non-attendance of seasoncard holders, high numbers of games at Wembley, cost of living, lower wages etc have impeded the collective behaviour of our fanbase.

Costs of security post-Arena bombing report, Stadium expansions, ground upgrades, solar panels, logistic improvements, increased policing costs, and other factors have contributed to the club acting on prices.

Does it feel fair? Does it feel right? In line with all other PL clubs? Will you be priced out? Is Value Gold still available?

Protest? This country doesn't know how to protest properly anymore. Not that the laws and rules give much room for it. Would I join in a protest? Possibly, but it'd have to have clear aims, goals and be pointed at the right people. The owner, board of directors, Chairman and club have done exceptional things that many of us could not dream of. A banner or a well placed placard could be effective. What could be worrying to some, is undermining our well-run club.

Perhaps 1894, City Matters etc may want to look at fully Independent OSCs to take on views? Who knows. I can't understand myself half the time, let alone 54000 matchgoers!

One thing to remember is that some of those 'tourists' could be the sons or daughters of Blues who have emigrated or moved to other areas of the country. They might not be just random strangers but have been brought up as Blues well away from Manchester. JMHO
Got a mate who comes over from Bermuda to go to the game at least twice a year. Been a City supporter for 45 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.