PS2 Online Gaming

bjones371

I have just got a PS2 Network Adapter and planned to connect it to the internet by connecting wirelessly to the router downstairs with my laptop then using the ethernet port on the laptop to connect to the PS2, using the idea that the laptop will "share" the internet connection.

I used the lead that came with the adaptor so I can't see that being a problem and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is enabled on my ethernet card in the laptop so I can't see what could be stopping it from working. The PS2 doesn't even recognise that a cable is connected to it. Can anyone give any thoughts? Cheers

If you connect your PS2 directly to your laptop then you need a cross-over cable instead of a regular cable, same if you connect any 2 devices together without using a router.

You could also get a wireless bridge which you can connect into the ethernet port on your PS2 and then that can connect directly to your wireless access point.

Tried using a cross-over cable now it says that the settings cannot be obtained automatically so i input them manually. The laptop says that the wired connection to the PS2 has limited or no connectivity. Any other ideas? Cheers though

*EDIT* I am told by the laptop that the network did not assign a network address to the computer

bjones371 said:
Tried using a cross-over cable now it says that the settings cannot be obtained automatically so i input them manually. The laptop says that the wired connection to the PS2 has limited or no connectivity. Any other ideas? Cheers though

*EDIT* I am told by the laptop that the network did not assign a network address to the computer

I have joined my wireless router/modem using a straight through ethernet cable and it works a treat

I would do that but the router is in the kitchen and the PS2 in the loft, so it would take a big arsed cable to manage that journey ;-)

I'm trying to take the internet connection from my laptop (which is wireless) and send it out of the built in ethernet port in the laptop into the PC

I have a crossover cable already but no joy, somebody told me about bridging the connections between the wireless and the ethernet socket if that means anything to anyone?

Fixed it now people, cock up by myself causing it, I had the laptop set to share the Local Area Connection (ethernet connection to the PS2) when i needed it set to the wireless connection. It's all fine now though so I'm off to play MGS3 online!

Some games that use the DNAS don't work with NTL though, they aren't compatible with the set-top boxes that NTL use. This now means I'm going to have to ring the fuckers up to get a cable modem brought to me, which won't happen for weeks, thus ruining my whole experience :@

Good job I only spent 3 quid on the network adapter ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.