PSG appoint Mauricio Pochettino as manager

Till 2022. Hardly a ringing endorsement. A 1.5 year contract. Just enough time for their next manager. Soon they'll just be offering their managers 9 month contracts with summers off for everyone.
I think it is for the best.

After the contractual failure with Laurent Blanc who had just been extended before getting sacked and cost PSG a whooping 23 M for breaking the contract, it is sensible to give those coaches a 2 years + 1 optional year contract.

Thanks to that, PSG didn't have to pay Unai Emery any money when they decided to part ways. They'll equally have a lot less money to give to Tuchel and his staff.

A long contract is a very big risk for a club unless you managed to sign someone like Klopp or Guardiola. Even a proven winner like Mourinho took MU to the cleaners.

Pochettino still has a lot to prove and will have an hard time at PSG where winning domestically isn't enough.

As an ex player, i like him but i really think he is bound to fail. The team is not strong enough for the ambition of the club.

Brilliant coach. Really rate him regardless of the trophies hes had to show for. Has worked his way up, and for spurs he did exceptionally well and a somewhat tight budget. Gets his team working together, and pressing all over the pitch.

Levy will be rubbing his hands at the Qatari bids coming his way.
We used to ship them our unwanted players : Aurier, Lucas. We can add Lo Celso if we count Betis as a proxy.

They really helped us comply with the FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.