PSG post match thread

can't be arsed reading the 50 or so pages. Strange game that , we played really well actually considering they had most of the ball. Scored two goals and the goals we conceded were just pure giveaway.yet they could of bagged two anyway regardless.

Fernando, The guy read the game to perfection and cut the pass out in the lead up to de bruynes goal. I felt abit sorry for him on conceding tbh, had no idea that Zlat was lurking and really had no business picking the ball there anytime. Fernando gets a pass from me guy played well.

Thank god for de bruyne, world class player. Makes things happen, yeah he did it against bourmouth but tonight he was something else, as soon as that ball came to him after Luiz should of cut it out, there was no doubt, bang!! So glad we have him, the guy was the difference, 50 mil worth of talent straight up no question, won't mention sterling ha

Again like bourmouth we flew out the traps, why can't we be like this every game, we are formidable and we give psg a massive test tonight, why not Stoke or Norwich?

Not going to lie but looking at the team sheets I thought we were going to get murdered, but we more than matched them overall and really, only conceded owing to elementary mistakes. Although they could of scored brace also, we looked very assured and two away goals is a monumental achievement

So proud tonight of the lads, esp Fernando, kept his head up and played brilliantly . Welcome back de bruyne pure class, real deal worth every penny

Last edited:
They will be stronger without Luiz.
They will attack and not counter attack.
Fernandos mistake was easy for Ibr. to read. Full backs push up, centre backs split right and left, midfield drops back to collect ball from keeper.
Mangala on the whole had a good game and was our best defender.
KDB man of the match.
Defensively maybe, but Luiz is good getting forward from the back. That can be effective as he doesn't get picked up and he won the penalty that never was

can't be arsed reading the 50 or so pages. Strange game that , we played really well actually considering they had most of the ball. Scored two goals and the goals we conceded were just pure giveaway.yet they could of bagged two anyway regardless.

Fernando, The guy read the game to perfection and cut the pass out in the lead up to de bruynes goal. I felt abit sorry for him on conceding tbh, had no idea that Zlat was lurking and really had no business picking the ball there anytime. Fernando gets a pass from me guy played well.

Thank god for de bruyne, world class player. Makes things happen, yeah he did it against bourmouth but tonight he was something else, as soon as that ball came to him after Luiz should of cut it out, there was no doubt, bang!! So glad we have him, the guy was the difference, 50 mil worth of talent straight up no question, won't mention sterling ha

Again like bourmouth we flew out the traps, why can't we be like this every game, we are formidable and we give psg a massive test tonight, why not Stoke or Norwich?

Not going to lie but looking at the team sheets I thought we were going to get murdered, but we more than matched them overall and really, only conceded owing to elementary mistakes. Although they could of scored brace also, we looked very assured and two away goals is a monumental achievement

So proud tonight of the lads, esp Fernando, kept his head up and played brilliantly . Welcome back de bruyne pure class, real deal worth every penny
I thought Hart was mostly at fault and we were very unlucky for the Fernando pass to strike Ibra and go in. Fluke

We can play with intensity in midfield if we don't play Yaya. We did exactly the same thing at Bornemouth where we pressed them. We got goals that way from doing that. That looked like a dress rehearsal for tonight.

Great result. But I still think it's a 50/50 chance we'll go thru. We've not been great at home in the CL and PSG has the talent to match us.

But we have to go for it.

Joe Hart was terrible, the worst City player on the pitch. The penalty was due to his reluctance to catch the ball and relieve the pressure on the defence. The equalising goal was down to the terrible, fundamental error of passing it to a defender who is facing his own goal. You should pass it to the side where the fullback can see what is going on ahead of him (watch Barcelona if you want to see how it should be done). The second goal was due to his weak parry. He could have caught the ball, it had no pace on it, or put it out for a corner or got it well to the side at a much more acute angle instead of into the path of a PSG attacker.

If you add in a number of other times he could have caught the ball to relieve pressure and his wayward kicking, the ball rarely going to where we have a chance of possession he was a liability.

Hart sometimes brings off incredible saves and he is amazing at one on ones. But he is not a footballer and the team suffers as a result.

How can anyone blame Hart for their first goal, a player in the 1/4 of the champs league would assume to have the skill level to receive a ball with an opposition 10m away. Fernando clearly flat footed and 100% at fault, not Hart.

Yes mate well summed up but you missed the last line.
Do not bring Ya Ya back. We are fluent going forward now, not passing the the ball to a passenger in the centre circle.

A result we should welcome taking back to the Etihad. We had to ride our luck on a few occasions, but let's be honest, isn't that what you should expect at this stage of he competition? We didn't look out of our depth and I think we should be well pleased with the job our lads did this evening.

I'm a Blues supporter in Arizona. I was beyond excited for the match and very happy on the result. Was sending video updates to my girlfriend while she was at work. Here they are edited together:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.