PSG vs Man City Wealth + Strategies

SambaStyle

The two richest clubs in world football

Which strategy do you prefer? Buying world renown players for huge transfer fees and/or wages (PSG) or buying very good players on the rise to fit a system (Man City), with a world class manager.

Since Man City got their tremendous wealth, we didn't really look to sign world renown super stars, we looked to make our own. Signing guys like Dzeko and Aguero who were just about to break out, but not there yet, Yaya Toure and Silva who were fantastic players but who were not global superstars. PSG on the other hand, right off the bat, signed AC Milan's two best players (Thiago + Ibrah), and have continued with Neymar, Mbappe, Ramos and now Messi.

I prefer our strategy but PSG fans must love watching the likes of Mbappe, Neymar etc. They play in a less competitive league and would never have to put together the types of run we have in recent years to finish top. In a way that makes it harder for them to succeed as the only trophy they can impress anyone by winning is the Champions League.

I think they will be overloaded with stars this season and will not get further than the quarter finals as they do not have enough good quality squad players.

I think the difference in the league causes the difference in strategy. The PL being stronger means that we need a better all round team to win the league whereas psg can usually get away with winning the league regardless and hope the superstars van produce some magic to win them the champions league.

I think the difference in the league causes the difference in strategy. The PL being stronger means that we need a better all round team to win the league whereas psg can usually get away with winning the league regardless and hope the superstars van produce some magic to win them the champions league.
I think u nailed it on. PSG are allowed to buy marketing stars but City can't afford that in the Premier League because there's a risk they won't perform

PSG are the strongest club in French football and get to do what they want with no domestic criticism of any consequence. Manchester City on the other hand are vilified by the UK media. We could not do what PSG do even if we wanted to. I think City's owner sussed that out years ago.

PSG are the strongest club in French football and get to do what they want with no domestic criticism of any consequence. Manchester City on the other hand are vilified by the UK media. We could not do what PSG do even if we wanted to. I think City's owner sussed that out years ago.
Our principal (beneficial) owner is an investor, not a man on an ego trip. From Day 1 he said that he would spend enough to lift us up to a level and from then on we had to be self sustaining. His appointed chairman is shrewd enough to understand that being self sustaining requires top level performance on and off the field and we spend and manage resources to achieve that.
PS The nonsense about being wealthy is just that, nonsense.
We have a high level of income for a football club, but that is not a definition of wealth. Our baiance sheet is not large, by business standards. Overall, we are the equivalent of a large Tesco branch.
CFG overcomes the relative smallness of football clubs by going global.

Last edited:
Watching PSG against us last season they were a team of individuals. Di Maria was quality but for all of neymar's good touches there were plenty of shit ones. When they needed to roll up their sleeves and get into the game they folded and acted like shithouses.

They have been penalised by ffp but certainly not vilified to the extent that we continue to be. Guess it helps if your chairman is high up in uefa.

Superficially the clubs might look similar but we've been going more than twice as long as them and had various periods of success before recent times. The way in which cfg have regenerated the club and the city is a model of what a community club is about.

Ours as PSG are beyond shite. Last season they finished second in a one horse race! Embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.