PSV negotiating transfer of Rekik?

Maybe that song loss something culturally in translation but yes cringeworthy!

Getting 2M+ plus a % of future deals does not seem too bad a business imo.

Rekik isn't that good. He may develop into an outstanding talent but I still don't think he's as good as many believe him to be. You never know though, Kompany wasn't a quality centre half by any stretch when we first signed him, he didn't really know whether he was a DM or a defender. The buy back clause makes sense if he does come good but we've messed him around too much to encourage him to stay. Right now Denayer is a better player though and it's a dog eat dog world in football.

Denayer is nowhere near the player Rekik is at this moment in time, the next few seasons will prove that. I expect us to draw PSV in the CL now too so pundits can talk about the one that got away!

Denayer is nowhere near the player Rekik is at this moment in time, the next few seasons will prove that. I expect us to draw PSV in the CL now too so pundits can talk about the one that got away!

For what it's worth, a large portion of well informed supporters -- who watch both players -- feel the exact and literal opposite of what you've just insisted.

It's great to be arguing over which City youth is better, but I'll take the freshly-voted young player of the year in Scotland who's coming off a standing ovation in his first international appearance.

Complete and utter, hairy, steaming, bollocks.

Denayer is already twice the player Rekik is, & is playing international football as first choice vs two Premier League centre backs, who are playing fullback.

Don't talk shite.

Last edited:
It's a crying shame as he's looked ready to be around the squad since he was 16. He's looked like a Rolls Royce in the few friendly appearances he's made with us and should have been integrated in. As big a fan of Mancini as I was, he was bloody atrocious when it came to giving the kids gametime, and Pellers is worse. Rekik will go on to have an immense career, I'm sure of it.
He has been a fucking disaster in the few friendly games he has played for us, & had a fucking nightmare, costing goals in each one.

If thats true with the buy back clause,then I`m happy for both parties.

Absolutuely.

I would like to see him in a pre season tournament alongside better players than at PSV, but the buy back clause is perfect. If he does reach the required standard, then we can bring him back for a decent price. But we don't fuck up his life by having him as 5th choice cb.

We owe these kids the chance to make a career.

Reading the Dutch press, and it looks like PSV are playing hardball and are loathed to lose significant amounts of the money they've raked in for Depay. They're doing the same thing with Monaco, from whom they've had Ismat-Mirin on loan. They're also putting it out that they're interested in Moreno (Espanyol) and Reyes (Porto) in case the aforementioned deals fall through. Given that PSV paid Brondby a million for a 17 year old on Monday, the City deal looks quite cheap at 3.5M, so presumably any buy-back clause would be relatively favourable to us.

The fact that the proposed buy-back clause is £3.5 mil both teams are pretty much showing you how wrong you are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.